Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Other, please list...

Votes: 27 27.8%

• Total voters

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Same as before - 38x12.5 TSL SX's. I love'm. :D

Unless I can get my hands on a cheap set of Maxxis Creepy's at a time when I have the money to do so... :eek:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Maxxis! Woot! I will replace my current Maxxis Trepadors with a new set of Maxxis Trepadors. :greg:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Herzog said:
Same as before - 38x12.5 TSL SX's. I love'm. :D

Unless I can get my hands on a cheap set of Maxxis Creepy's at a time when I have the money to do so... :eek:

I'm pretty 'stuck' with those as long as I intend to run the H1 wheels. There are some IROK with 16.5 wheels. How do they compare to the SX?

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I'm going with 37" MTRs for offroad, then whatever used tires are available on the board for daily driving. I love how MTRs hook up offroad but are also streetable. Since my jeep is still my DD, I'll keep cheap 35"s on it for most of the time, but I'll swap to the 37" for when I plan on going offroad. I will still need to drive it to the trail, hence my requirement for drivability for the 37"s.

Devin

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i am the only one to vote the MTR's so far... is there something i don't know that the rest of you do? :D i think i'll just replace the MTR's on my 4Runner with a new set of MTR's unless i find a better deal or tire... i really like them for the all around performance.

p.s. i was the first to vote mtr's when i started writing this... crazy

-Jason

M

muddyjeep

Tire choice

33-12.50 X15 BFG All Terrain KO's I drive alot of highway with a little off road mixed in

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
MTR's will go back on my FJ40 when this set expires... I have been absolutely happy with their performance, but the truck sees 30k a year and the MTR's are a bit pricier to rub off on the road ;)

Caleb

I think I'm gonna give a set of Mickey Thompson MTZs a shot. Otheriwse, I'll get BFG ATs. I'll also be running BFG ATs on my wife's Grand that sees just about all highway miles.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
JMHO
MTR's are great as long as you stay 35" of under on 15's or 37" or under on
17's. My personal experience and obeservations are that the side walls will wrap and cause hop if they are any bigger. I have watched Walkers rig struggle where identicle rigs with different tires have no problem.
On my personal rig, the differance in 37" MTR's and my current 38" SX's was amazing....37" MTR's on 15" rims hopped like I still had leaf springs (4 link/coilover)

Caleb

Bullet said:
I want to run a set of the new Cooper STT's I think they will be a good mix of road-dirt.

Check-out the Mickey Thompson MTZs, they look almost identical to the Coopers BUT from what I found they were quite a bit cheaper. I agree, I think they will be a good tire for all around.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Well, the creapy's are a totally different animal than the mtr's and other muds. If it's a trail only rig, then I would go that way. Far better traction, better size, and infinately better sidewall strength when compared to the MTR's.

For my DD/WW rig I'm going to go with the Maxxis Bighorns. Haven't heard a bad thing about them and after my experience with the Creapy Crawlers and what I've heard about all their other tires, I think i'll be happy. Plus they are cheap.

Cody