Nissan Xterra and Frontier

Houndoc

In my previous thread, and the other ongoing thread on selecting a rig, one make that has not come up much is Nissan.

Based on recent experiences of a friend with an Xterra and my brother with a couple of Pathfinders, I am leary, but they are much less than Toyotas and the Frontier NISMO package has factory rear elocker. Obviously have the breakover angle issues of of a truck (would need to go crew cab) unless lifted.

Am I correct to stay at arms length or am I missing something here?

smartass_kid

I've been looking at xterras until my wife commented on how much she didn't like them lol i do like the frontiers and would do a crew cab as well.
they get good reviews new and seem to have options similar to toyotas but there are still IFS limitations and lift kits would be from a few brands.
most nissan are up there with other imports as far as reliability and the tuners love them as well. i think as a brand they don't push 4wd compared to others and that's why they are not as praised but if you like them, do it.

rondo

rondo
I've owned nissans all my life including two 720s, an early pathfinder, two Titans and my 00 Frontier. I love them. I can't comment on the new frontier/xterra after 2006 really except they have a 4.0 motor and dana 44 axle and that can't be bad. They are always compared to yotas, which have vast aftermarket support. Nissan still doesn't have as much.