No more Nike...

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Ok, I guess it dates me, but I have always liked Nike stuff, shoes, hoodies, etc.

But this crap with Kaeperdick is just too much. Might as well come out and become the corporate sponsor of the SUWA. I wont support them anymore where I used to go out my way to buy their stuff?

Is there a comparable brand? Under Armor? Any other suggestions?

What do you all think? (Suggested brands and the Kaperdick situation)

#BoycottNike

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Nike's never really fit my feet well. I'm disappointed any time a brand dives into the political game. I like how Under Armor stuff fits, I especially like the Project Rock stuff.
I don't get people burning stuff they have already bought to show dissatisfaction with a company. You already bought the stuff, they already have your money. Just buy from another company the next time and hit them in the pocket book.

DAA

Nike never fit my feet either. I did recently get new glasses with Nike frames. I didn't know they were Nike until my daughter said "I thought you like Adidas". Had to ask her WTF she was talking about. Guess I really did NEED new glasses, since I never noticed the little swoosh on them until she pointed them out :D.

I avoid some brands, for reasons like this. But I'm not brand loyal to anyone. Whatever fits, price I can stand, performance I want, whatever it may be, as long as they aren't on my personal corporate enemies list, I don't care.

Agree with not cutting off my nose to spite my face, too. I'll never knowingly let Patagonia get another cent from me. But I'm not ditching any of the Patagucci gear I already own. It's good stuff. Shame the company is such a colostomy bag.

But back to the question... I like Adidas sneakers. Don't know boo about hoodies or anything else though.

- DAA

D

Deleted member 12904

I have a few pairs of under armor tail shoes and love them!

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Love my Solomon trail shoes, I have two pair. Maybe dorky looking but Asics have been my go to running shoes for years. I had one pair that hurt my feet, sent them back, they asked which ones I would prefer instead, and upgraded me to a way nicer shoe for free.

Bart

I walk/run in Asics also and looking for a good trail shoe. Can't remember the last pair of Nike's I had, but I won't buy another pair.

ID Bronco

Kapernick got a job offer from Elway, He didn't lose anything because of his stance. He's an idiot, and shame on Nike for pushing the false narrative. I'm very happy buying non Nike brands. He is NOT a martyr.

Houndoc

Personally, I think the fact that a bunch of people have their knickers in a wad over the anthem protests is absurd, especially when declaring it 'dishonoring the military'.

We all know (or should remember if we think back pre-Trumpism) the protests are about social injustices. As mush as we may like to think otherwise, our country isn't perfect and there are very real problems that still need to be fixed. A quiet and respectful (kneeling is generally done as a sign of respect in pretty much every circumstance) protest is not a wrong way to go about brining attention it them.

Then Trump enters the picture as one of the world's greatest hypocrites. The many who insults all POWs by declaring they are not heros because they got captured suddenly is concerned about disrespecting the military??? Yet somehow his minons buy it hook, line and sinker and start throwing hissy fits.

Beyond that, I don't really care who buys what shoes.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I really like Houndoc, and I respect his position,

(I disagree with it because kneeling during the anthem does disrespect every person who has worn any uniform, Soldier or LEO, who has signed up to take on the crap of society to make the world a better place)

but I have to disagree on one point specifically...

It has been the white, middle class, male's fault for everything since 2008 so lets not pretend it is new :p

Social Injustice comes from asking people to contribute to society not just take...