Now that we know what you tow with, Let's see some pictures

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
DSC_0285.jpg

Dont have any pics of it in action but it goes good.....2001 CTD 2500 Its got Twins, P-pump conversion, 240 horse injectors, built trans with a goerend converter and lots of other stuff

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Well after having our daughter we have been looking for a 4-door truck longbed one ton the whole nine yards well we finally found one and at such at a good deal we couldnt pass it up its got a level kit with 305-55-20s b&w turnover ball in the bed and 100 percent stock with the 6-speed

utf-8BMTMxNDY4YzMwYTBhMDA2NTAwNGQwOTIzYmVmM2Y2Njl1LmpwZw.jpg

The retarded lickem and stickem hood vents will come off asap :D

Last edited:

lostsamurai

FnZuKiN24/7
IMG_20110212_123916.jpg

1997 cheby with a 5.7L vortec i just picked it up for 3k and so far only found a few miner fixes a trip to the wrecking yard for a couple interior pieces, and an alignment, and bolt up the receiver so i can tow :)

Last edited:

STAG

On my grind
new truck, 2002 duramax w/ 115k miles, 2" lift, 35" toyos, Allison trans, AFE intake, 4" banks exhaust system, edge juice chip.
imag0370s.jpg

And my old truck.1999 7.3 PSD with 280k miles, 8" lift, 38" tires and the 6 spd manual, K&N intake, 4" straight-pipe exhaust and superchip turned up.
imag0130o.jpg

Last edited:

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
well picked this up a few weeks ago. I have always been a ford man but chevy was right up there. I wanted a four wheel drive dually to pull the jeeps better with and to pull my 28' bayliner so needed something with some guns. Found this 1999 Chevy Silverado Crew cab 4x4 dually with a new (less than 5k w/paperwork) 454 vortec. Every thing works great and in great shape. Will be using it to tow the rigs to moab this year and looking forward to the long drive in a comfortable truck

Attachments

• 168965_1804403440443_1550583534_1869351_18951_n.jpg
    168965_1804403440443_1550583534_1869351_18951_n.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 17

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
new truck, 2002 duramax w/ 115k miles, 2" lift, 35" toyos, Allison trans, AFE intake, 4" banks exhaust system, edge juice chip.
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3573/imag0370s.jpg

And my old truck.1999 7.3 PSD with 280k miles, 8" lift, 38" tires and the 6 spd manual, K&N intake, 4" straight-pipe exhaust and superchip turned up.
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/340/imag0130o.jpg

How do you like the duramax over the powerstroke so far? I think it looks really good, but I'm not a fan of tow rigs with large lifts.

My dodge is getting old with a lot of miles. I need to consider a different daily driver and new truck next time around.

STAG

On my grind
How do you like the duramax over the powerstroke so far? I think it looks really good, but I'm not a fan of tow rigs with large lifts.

My dodge is getting old with a lot of miles. I need to consider a different daily driver and new truck next time around.

I absolutely love the duramax over the Ford. Even when I only had my ford on 35's
It could only get 17 mpg max, my duramax gets an average of 21 with equal freeway and city use. My duramax has easily twice the power (not exaggerating) and it starts up in a snap even on the coldest days and I've never had to plug on the block heater. It was a fight every cold morning with my ford, even with new glow plugs and block heater. Also my duramax runs well even when the engine hasn't warmed up yet. My ford WOULD NOT go over 1500 rpm (even with the pedal floored) until you let it idle long enough for the engine coolant to get to operating temperature. The final straw of selling my ford was when it about near stranded me when I was camping out at the sand dunes. Luckily I had starting fluid with me to finally get it to fire up. However once the engine was warm it ran really well.

When I got my duramax though it was one of the ones with the leaky injectors but my dealership hooked me up on a good deal for replacing them, and havn't had a problem since, runs like a champ. (i was 1 year past the 7 year/200,000 mile warranty)

One of my favorite things about my duramax over the ford though is the ride is so quiet, when driving down the freeway I can actually have conversations with my passengers. In my ford it was hard to even hear myself think. Most of that is due to the cab of the gmc being really well insulated but also the engine itself is about half as loud as my ford.

SWALLDOG

thought i had posted my tow rig but i guess not. here are a few pics of her doing what she does best! :D

97cummins001.jpg

8-12-10camra173.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.php

My soon to be tow rig as soon as i get my jeep done. Just installed airbags and dropped it 4 inches so i can start towing with it. Next upgrade im gonna build at work for it is a front axle. Tera 60 housing kingpin knuckles and some very big brakes

Attachments

• Dark Knight.jpg
    Dark Knight.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 371

STAG

On my grind
Update* just bought a new (to me) 5th wheel trailer. Couldn't beat the price. I still have to adjust the hitch so that the trailer sits more level when hooked up to the truck.

imag0448g.jpg

2INSANE

Old pic before upgrades. Stock suspension. 3/4 ton 1983 GMC K2500 6.2l diesel.

photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

neagtea

Supporting Member
06 LBZ with 6 spd ally, no it doesn't get 20 mpg. Yes it needs airbags.

Attachments

• DSC01363.jpg
    DSC01363.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 48