Now that we know what you tow with, Let's see some pictures

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I replaced my '06 5.9 3500 with this '11 6.7 3500 dually. In January I did a DPF delete, EGR delete and H&S tuner.

BE88FE28-9352-4D91-8E73-F2B30E0C73F3-8559-00000A5803E89292_zpsae128d61.jpg

STAG

On my grind
I think that because you're parked halfway in the valley of the parking lot, it makes your truck look like it is sagging more than it actually is. That's one heck of a trailer though.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It is in a dip. Truck sits almost flat on level ground with the trailer. Doing the delete really livens this motor up and I am way impressed with the 6 speed auto.

Last edited:

Trate D

Towing my daily driver toy with my other daily driver toy. With the airbags on actually very impressed with how it tows and handles the load.
3B71F5AD-14EC-4663-AF8A-E85DDE885D44-1685-000002259E9D2758.jpg

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
May not be all new and fancy but does the trick for pulling two rig to moab. The trailer is now in the process of being made into a camp trailer with a rear garage. So when complete it will only hold one jeep but full luxury in the frontMoab 2013 851.JPG

Moabxjeeper

Towed down to Moab about two weeks ago for the first time since I bought my truck/trailer. I was pleasantly surprised at how the ol' gal did. Truck is a '92 F250 460 ZF5. I swear I could see my fuel gauge move when I started up Spanish Fork Canyon, but all in all it got just a hair under 10mpg, which is much better than the 6 or so that I was expecting. I think she's a keeper :D

Towed down to Moab about two weeks ago for the first time since I bought my truck/trailer. I was pleasantly surprised at how the ol' gal did. Truck is a '92 F250 460 ZF5. I swear I could see my fuel gauge move when I started up Spanish Fork Canyon, but all in all it got just a hair under 10mpg, which is much better than the 6 or so that I was expecting. I think she's a keeper :D

Nice! That's a pretty smart set up. Were I doing it again (or didn't need the seating of the X) I would do something like that. And if all you are using it for is the occasional tow, it should last forever.

Here is mine with a 24' deckover at EJS. A 26' low deck is on order.

Attachments

• IMG_20130330_124810_952.jpg
    IMG_20130330_124810_952.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

I don't see towing in my near future, but that MPG is good to hear. I just picked up an 89 250 with a 460 on trade from Kevin. Its in the shop right now, I'm hoping my buddy can get it to pass emissions without having to dump to much cash. Not sure what tranny you have, but I can probably expect worse, I can't be certain but I think its only a 3 speed auto. 2500 rpm's at 55. If I tow I see a 55 mph speed in my future. Or a 5 speed swap

Edit: Didn't see the ZF5, I think my MPG will be closer to your original estimate

IMG_0868.JPG

Last edited:

STAG

On my grind
I upload to photobucket or imageshack (both free) and it gives you a couple URL's. select the URL that is named "direct image link" and click the image button here on RME (to the right of the earth with the red X, the framed picture) and copy/paste into that bar. It will place your URL between image tags which look like
IMG ] without the last space.

I upload to photobucket or imageshack (both free) and it gives you a couple URL's. select the URL that is named "direct image link" and click the image button here on RME (to the right of the earth with the red X, the framed picture) and copy/paste into that bar. It will place your URL between image tags which look like URL here [/IMG ] without the last space.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Moabxjeeper

Nice! That's a pretty smart set up. Were I doing it again (or didn't need the seating of the X) I would do something like that. And if all you are using it for is the occasional tow, it should last forever.

Here is mine with a 24' deckover at EJS. A 26' low deck is on order.

Nice setup! My dream one day is to have a trailer large enough to haul 2 Jeeps so I can haul both mine and my dad's down at the same time. Only problem is, his doesn't run right now so hauling it down is all we would really do :D

My current setup works just fine for me. It literally sits on the side of the house for months until I need it for the occasional tow to go wheelin' or to take hunting, then starts right up and we go. I would recommend a 460 to anyone not looking to use it as a daily driver, they're a dime a dozen right now with gas prices being so high (got mine for $2500).