NPLD @ 5 Mile Pass

Tonkaman

I haven't driven the jeep since I got it detailed inside and out! :rolleyes: The guy spent like an hour just buffing out all the scratches. But I'm still trying to sale it so what do you do? To many people have said, "looks like it's been off road". Nahhhh.

A jeep going off road? That's rediculous!

1995zj

I'm addicted
Pretty decent turn-out at 5-mile today. I think we could have built an entire trailer with everything picked up. After Eagles Nest I ended up finding a few more gems. Anyone in the market for a new tub or door?

NPLD.jpg

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
1379698_10202254027696313_417020774_n.jpg I was able to make it up to the rapids in 4high... I feel good about my ride! lol got home just as the sun was setting....
It was great meeting a few new people and seeing some old! Did anyone find out if Dave is still out there lost or did he make it back?

Tom95YJ

Tom @ Artec
Glad to see the trail got cleaned up, I really wanted to attend but my wife was called into work at 7am and I have a sick 2 year old so I was basically forced to stay home :(

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Did anyone find out if Dave is still out there lost or did he make it back?[/QUOTE]

I made it back (if I'm the Dave you were concerned about). I filled my trailer to the top with shot up stuff from one of the main shooting areas out west a bit. I had so much that I had to drive back slowly. Greg met me coming back and helped me unload the carnage. Greg snapped a few photos of my poor overloaded trailer and maybe he will post them up. Most of the stuff in the back half of the dumpster was the stuff I picked or raked up. I wish people would clean up after themselves when they go shooting. Every year I go out there it's a mess and makes me wonder if I did anything the year before. I did have to ask some of the people to stop shooting long enough to let me pick up some of the bigger stuff and they were cool about it. I even got some scouts that were camping out there to help clean up. However their leaders kept on shooting and didn't pick up anything.

Last edited:

blznnp

Sorry to hear.
It sucks, but he had been wanting to go for the year and a half, since my grandma died. He passed away 4 days before his 98th birthday, so he had lived a very full life and done everything he ever wanted to. Never really slowed down until he was around 95. He is definitely much better off now.

Dave, where is the shooting area you got a bunch of stuff at? If I can find it I will try to stop by there each time I am out there to do a quick clean up.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My son and I had a great time. It was cool to meet Greg, Dave, Brian and the guys from Forbidden Jeeps. We hit most of the campsites on the north west side of the main parking lot. I was surprised at how little trash we found around campsites. In the past when I have ridden out there it seems like a huge dump. It's good to think that maybe people are getting smarter about some stuff. I don't think people will ever overcome the logic that it isn't trash that needs to be picked up once you have shot it all to hell.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Dave, where is the shooting area you got a bunch of stuff at? If I can find it I will try to stop by there each time I am out there to do a quick clean up.[/QUOTE]

Head west along the Pony Express route from 5MP and before you get to Faust or the train tracks there is a hill just north of the road that has trails all around it and a few over the top that lots of people use for shooting. A few years back the BLM asked us to go out there on NPLD and clean up a huge mess of shot up ranges, refrigerators and TVs. Ever since then we try to clean up the area. There are more shooting spots west of there and I'm sure those areas could use a clean up too.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
we came out on sunshine canyon and just before the main road there was a small hill that was covered in glass... if I had a shovel I would have just taken the top layer off of it... its like 200-300 feet in from the parking lot.

Just about everywhere out there is piles of glass from people shooting...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We had a pretty good turnout, about 12 people from RME and 5 guys from Forbidden Jeeps... thanks to everyone that took the time to clean up our public lands!

I do wish we had better representation from RME, the turnout was good but should have been much better.

Pics from NPLD @ 5 Mile Pass!

20130928_082215-L.jpg

20130928_110052-L.jpg

20130928_132022-L.jpg

20130928_133044-L.jpg

20130928_134935-L.jpg

20130928_135520-L.jpg