Off Road Alaska television show

ZUKEYPR

Anyone else see the first show? I thought it was horrible . Let's get the biggest rednecks, the biggest environmental unfriendly, add in more drama in an hour than I have seen combined in decades of wheeling and make a tv show.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That's the History Channel for ya. I haven't seen it, but I knew it was going to suck when I saw who was producing it. I said this on another forum:

From reading the pre-release blurbs (and knowing that it's going to be on the
History Channel), I can tell you right now that there's going to be a little bit
of (stupid) driving and a lot of manufactured drama. If you liked Jersey
Housewives or whatever and those stupid tuna boat shows, you'll like this one
too.

I'm sure that every single guy featured on the show is probably a
very competent wheeler. I'm also sure that a show about competent wheeling is
not what the producers have in mind. They're going to make them drive stupid,
they're going to make them get in fights with themselves and the other teams,
they're going to film it all, edit out all the parts that aren't ridiculous, and
then what's left is going to be the show.

Last edited:

RogueJeepr

Here!
I try to get as much motorsports shows as I can . After watching I thought arent they a bit unprepared for Alaska (Open top jeep, Dinky tents, ect) . Just dosent seem like they are prepared for winter conditions when they hit .

STAG

On my grind
I try to get as much motorsports shows as I can . After watching I thought arent they a bit unprepared for Alaska (Open top jeep, Dinky tents, ect) . Just dosent seem like they are prepared for winter conditions when they hit .

I'd guess that it was filmed 3 months ago. Isn't that about the average turn-around time for shows like this?

But yeah, I didn't care for it.

UFAB

Some classy folks for sure.

I say we get some Utahns together and collect that 100k purse.

UFAB

Anyone enjoying this show.

I think most rigs don't even have a locker up front.

Where are they getting gas fill ups?

Running in front of the rover with a squirrels nest of cable in your hand. Safe

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I think they have done a great job of capturing the stereotypical wheeler, and will only further cement the stereotype into the minds of their low IQ viewers.

But that's what will sell commercial spots, and bring revenue.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Its OK , not my top 5 motorsports shows but it'll do till StreetWarriors or NHRA starts its new season . They used to have Ultimate Adventure on the outdoor channel but now thats gone . I record all the motorsports stuff I can find on my DVR and the woman records her drama shows on her dvr .

UFAB

Sadly enough it's better than watching other shows. Gold Rush appears to be interesting. Wonder if that land they strip ever get put back together. LOL

As for the trans-alaska hwy. Wow, just rally as you wish and explore. Guess gold miners drove tandem dozers up there back in the day dragging skids.

ozzy702

I watched two episodes and am blown away at how unprepared they are an how under built the rigs are... wow... really paints a terrible picture for us all.

mombobuggy

I have never been a fan of making everything a pissing contest. I think it would be cool to just see Offroaders working together to cross Alaska. However the Cancer survivor who built the super jeep seems like a cool guy. And from the so called lower 48. I guess most t.v. shows are a let down but it is interesting to see the terrain they take on.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
My son and I watched the entire first season. He occasionally askes me when it will be on again. Fingers crossed for season 2

rondo

rondo
If this is the show I think it is then I could only stomach one episode. It has to be fake drama because people who are idiots don't live long in Alaska. Plus I recognize that girl, I dated her in college :eek: