Off Road Tires

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
There are a TON of threads already on this subject, and about 1 million options. you'll want to do a little research and ask again when you are a little more specific (like picking between 2-3 tire options)
You first need to decide if you want all terrain, mud terrain, etc..

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Toyo open country MTs

But then again, just to say it a little nicer than jeeper said it.

It is easier to get opinions/past experience when you ask specific questions and give more details about how you would like to use them. :)

(Wow that was weird being the nice guy)

jeeper

But then again, just to say it a little nicer than jeeper said it.

(Wow that was weird being the nice guy)

... I've never been called the rude guy before.. I am going to go cry.. :sick:

I can see how my post was not very subtle... I apologize.

I vote for Cooper ATP's

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Now see, Jeeper, you had it and then you lost it. You're just too nice to be a jerk.

Nobody else is saying it, but doesn't it seem like there's something a little off about Deep Thinker? His posts are all carefully generic until this one, and now there's a neat little hotlink to a web store slipped into this also carefully generic post... smells funny.

idahoyj

Now see, Jeeper, you had it and then you lost it. You're just too nice to be a jerk.

Nobody else is saying it, but doesn't it seem like there's something a little off about Deep Thinker? His posts are all carefully generic until this one, and now there's a neat little hotlink to a web store slipped into this also carefully generic post... smells funny.
I totally agree. I've thought this for quite a while though. I think there are a couple other posts with hotlinks.

DAA

Consumer Reports ranked the Interco LTB as "best SUV off road tire".

That's what I'm going to get. I really like the look of the Pitbull Rocker, but if Consumer Reports says the LTB is better, you KNOW where my money is going!

Mainly, I'm worried about good road manners and keeping a good MPG.

- DAA

RogueJeepr

Here!
Lets just put it this way.
Mud terrains ware out alot faster than All terrains. My first set of mudders lasted me about 2 years. If you can afford to replace tires that often, than go for it. If not , All terrains are your choice.

But dont those LTB's look cool though.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Dave, LTB's are the worst tire Interco makes. Especially if you want to maintain good road manners. Those things will hum so loud you'd be deaf in a couple hundred miles. Go with the Thronbirds. Much quieter and better road manners. Plus low rolling resistance will help with the MPGs. They are pretty light too for an "offroad Tire" I think in a 37x14.50x15 they're around 345lbs per tire/wheel.

Toad

I used to have a set of thornbirds! Completely agree. Those tires were the best riding and driving tire I ever owned. Not only did they work amazing off road but the handling on pavement was amazing.

jeeper

I ran some Amour R-1's on my last rig. They did awesome in the mud and snow. Road manners were not as good as thorn birds, but were still better than BFG AT's.
tire.jpg

Houndoc

I have loved BFG All terrains. Have gotten upwards of 80,000 miles out of them on my Montero Sport, less on the trucks but still good life, perform well and reasonably priced for a heavy duty tire.

Toad

I ran some Amour R-1's on my last rig. They did awesome in the mud and snow. Road manners were not as good as thorn birds, but were still better than BFG AT's.
View attachment 102122

When I was a teenager I thought about putting some tires from a pivot line on my truck. My buddy had several in his shop that I could have snagged. I dont think I ever found four of them or I probably would have. The joys of being a dumb redneck kid from Idaho.