Offroad Expo...

;) Just so you know though, the other half of the expo was being used for the Bridal show extravaganza or something like that, which was the other reason my friends and I would have gone... two birds with one stone! ;)[/QUOTE]

You mean I drove all the way from tooele and missed going to the bridal show. I know now why my wife wanted to go into the other doors.

Bart

Yep, that buggy is mine.

Friday there was a small crowd and was somewhat disappointing.

Saturday there was a lot more people and was more encouraging. I'm heading up there now to finish the show and pick up the buggy tonight.

It has to start somewhere. That show is less than a tenth the size of the one in Pomona CA. I've never seen more Off Road stuff in any one place, including Moab. I think for the first year, it was a beginning.

BTW, it is supposed to be a place where vendors can come and sell product directly to the customer. We sold more than 10 grand of merchandise at the Kilby booth in Pomona last fall.

Bart

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
embabe said:
... Just so you know though, the other half of the expo was being used for the Bridal show extravaganza or something like that, which was the other reason my friends and I would have gone... two birds with one stone! ;)

One hall was for the expo, one was for a dance deal, one was for a bridal show, and one was for Utah's FE testing :eek:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Went for a while today, it was fun but nothing that I expected as stated above.

Definately something to do and a reason to get out of the house. :)

kkemp

So I went today too. Definiately was disapointed, at least at first. But I got to talk to Tom Woods about shortening my driveshaft for a Dana 44, Talked to Dan Hicks about his tours. (My neighbor has been is friend of his for years.) . I finally found something to hold my hilift jack on my front bumper. And I offically heard that I am much older than the majority demographic in Utah. I actually figured that out for myself already. Having a Wrangler with a 2.5 inch lift and running 31" tires doesn't even qualify me as a four wheeler. Everyone says my Jeep is stock. Well my stock Jeep is in the process of getting a rear Dana 44 and front and rear ARB lockers. The guy in the ARB booth offered to sell me a locker for my Dana 44 for a great deal, 700 bucks! Oh boy! I didn't tell him a there is a dealer here in Utah supposedly selling a brand new ARB for 600. If that's for real, I'm buying it tomorrow.

All in all I'm glad I went, but I want my 10 bucks back!

Kevin

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
kkemp said:
. Having a Wrangler with a 2.5 inch lift and running 31" tires doesn't even qualify me as a four wheeler. Everyone says my Jeep is stock.

I'd much rather have you rig than one of those rediculous trucks with a 10 foot lift. Talk about pointless IMO!

And by all means, I'd consider you a four wheeler. ;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
kkemp said:
....The guy in the ARB booth offered to sell me a locker for my Dana 44 for a great deal, 700 bucks! Oh boy! I didn't tell him a there is a dealer here in Utah supposedly selling a brand new ARB for 600. If that's for real, I'm buying it tomorrow....

Who has em' for $600?

$700 is my retail price ;)

Turbobob

Semper Fi
James K said:
glad I stayed home and worked in the yard.
I wish I had! What a joke! The best part was the trials demo. There were more vendors at EJS, and you didn't have to give up 10 bucks a head to get in!:(

kkemp

I told my wife About that
trucK. We were trying to figure out where you Could take it. Not much Comes to mind.

Herzog said:
I'd much rather have you rig than one of those rediculous trucks with a 10 foot lift. Talk about pointless IMO!

And by all means, I'd consider you a four wheeler. ;)

Bone Down

well I hope they improve on it for next year, I did not think it was horrible, but there is definite room for improvement.

I did not mind it, I hope next year they reach out to more vendors and not time it so close to EJS, I think they could get more vendors to come better marketing would help, I heard about it on the news, and since I don't listen to much other than talk radio I did not know about this until monday morn when it was discussed on the news.

fordy4

It seemed pretty dead when we went Friday night. The trials bike demo was cool, the kids loved it. We left before the mountain board demo got going, but it seemed like they were doing more wiping out than anything else. I agree, It could have been alot better, but I Got some steering questions answered, and left with a few goodies.

Last edited:

ZUKEYPR

I'm not sure what I was expecting, probably somewhere on the lines of a mini-Sema show but I was severely disappointed. There was probably only half the local vendors there. Of the maybe 40 rigs there, 50% were TJ's, 40% buggies and the remainders were your monster truck and the Pick-up on steroids with all the bling, bling. At $40.00 to get for the family I felt violated. Heck damn near all the TJ's were identically equipped. If I never see another one of those basic Warn front bumpers it will be a good thing. No imagination. The highlight for the boy and I was the 38 inchers at the Nitto booth and I'm not talking tires::D Who's your daddy!