Ogden Canyon Trail??

kirby

I don't know of anywhere up ogden canyon where you could even find a place to turn off and go up the mountain. On one side is the river and the other side the mountain is straight up. Maybe it was a typo.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
What an asshat!! I think there's one pic where he isn't running over a plant.... SLC 4X4, you should be very proud to have members like that!

And I know you guys lurk here.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Their site sucks I checked it out after that link, they have like 47 asshat members:greg:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I think that I know who that is.....I just can't remember. He used to come into Mepco all the time when I was working there. He's a pretty decent guy, if it's him, so he probably just didn't know. Got a pretty built WJ as well, again, if it's him.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
the only place i could see them being is on the front face of the mountain

click to enlarge

if you look closely you can see two double dotted lines that travels along the face.those lines indicate unmaintained roads.if you look in the last picture he posted you can see houses in the background and that he is on the face of the mountain

Last edited:
WJ ZUK said:
Their site sucks I checked it out after that link, they have like 47 asshat members:greg:

Classy as usual.

One guy off-trail doesn't make an entire group into asshats.

If he is off-trail then that's lame. If not, I'd like to hear their explanation and know exactly where they are in the picture.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
WJ ZUK said:

I was thinking the same thing... and did you notice that BRAD had posted in just about every forum they had....

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
All I'm saying is that they don't have any posts or threads, and like you said they almost have all been started by brad. Besides who decided that being an asshat is bad?

Bart

I lived in Ogden Canyon for years and can't picture where that place is. I guess if it's private property and they have permission to be there it's allright. I hope (with the rest of you) that they don't just head out cross country to this place.

jp008

That place is Barrett Canyon. It is legal to wheel there from what I remember it is just illegal to get there. You have to pass over alot of private property to get to the rock garden. I have heard several people getting citations for passing through. The people that recieved the citations were on quads and in rigs.

That area is at the base of Ben Lomond Peak just below the waterfall.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
ok now if its North Ogden Canyon then there are a group of unmaintained roads.as to whether they are legal to be on is another story i can't cover.

click to enlarge

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
WJ ZUK said:

Yea, all us club members suck, and we love driving over vegetation. Oh, and we love planning club events on private property, without permission, and treading heavily on public lands. ;)

And yes, we have plenty of posts and threads. Take time to look at the site, before you pass judgement on it, or its members.

As for the Ogden canyon post, I have sent a pm to this person and am waiting to hear back from him as to exactly where he was. I agree, LAME if he was trespassing, and LAME that he was treading on veg. But I have no idea what the trail looks like, if it is overgrown, or what. For all we know, his buddy could have owned the land they are wheeling on. I await dudes response, and will let you know, or better yet, he will.
thanks,

Brandon, slc 4x4

Houndoc

I would appreciate an update once you find out what is going on.

If he is legal, he is owed alot of appologies by folks jumping the gun. If not, lets hope some pressure helps him and others reading his posts learn.

And I agree with Scoutabout that the automatic club bashing is pretty lame as well.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
i'm still awaiting an email so i can post over on SLC.you can see i didn't accuse anybody of anything i'm only trying to get to the bottom of it same as you