Old School Rock Crawling '09- Pics and Vids

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
well that was a freaking awesome weekend!! my first time judging, great fun!! I had a blast watching competitors making their decisions. The event is total Win, with zero Fail. That venue is flat out awesome. The mini-Hammers race was pretty cool too, close race between Jim Maybe and Aaron Clough!! Aaron won with 1:53, which is pretty fast.
I am burnt to a crisp from all the awesome weather! Had a great time hanging out with everyone and really enoyed watching Kurt , Bryson, and a few others' spotting styles. Breakfast at the cafe was good but slow, and the Pizza House has awesome wings.

NO ONE SHOULD MISS THIS EVENT NEXT YEAR!!!!!

notajeep

Just me
Much harder than last year IMO, but our overall point total was less, so maybe we just learned from out mistakes, or maybe it just seemed harder....

Last edited:

notajeep

Just me
I rolled over at the tip over challenge. (which I thought was kinda the point)
and I rolled once on the course just above.

Bodine

One Call That's All
I rolled over at the tip over challenge. (which I thought was kinda the point)
and I rolled once on the course just above.

I have a small video of you rolling on the course as soon as I figure out how to post it I will.:)

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
awesome pictures guys. We was pretty sad to miss it but Chelsi started having contractions friday (she isn't due until August 11) So we figured it would be best to stay close to home this weekend... Hope to see more pics

EB101

I feel lucky..
Many thanks to Dusty Sexton and Carl Nielson for talking me into playing! What a great time.
MagicBronco.jpg

Here's a link to the video:

My contribution to the entertainment

[YOUTUBE]vjkIjz-DGi8[/YOUTUBE]

Bart

Good save. Were you in rear wheel only, or just really low gears? You can see the exhaust blowing out, just nothing going to the front end.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Congratulations Carl!
Bummer we didn't get to compete. Glad I got to do some spotting.

pics
Sunset
IMG01115.jpg

Fillmore
IMG01116.jpg

morning at the fairgrounds
IMG01117.jpg

breakfast
IMG01118.jpg

Steve's Buggy
IMG01119.jpg

Steve's Buggy
IMG01120.jpg

Busted rear t-case yoke
IMG01121.jpg

Bent Tie rod
IMG01122.jpg

Steve Crabtree Rallying it to yank out Joe
IMG01123.jpg

Tito's Teeter Totter Dilema
IMG01124.jpg

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
videos!
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8typ9QZT9WQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8typ9QZT9WQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
moohr vids :D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yOeQZJiOZsk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yOeQZJiOZsk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3LjFxHmG7Zw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3LjFxHmG7Zw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Good save. Were you in rear wheel only, or just really low gears? You can see the exhaust blowing out, just nothing going to the front end.

IIRC he was perched up on the front bumper... the front tires weren't even touching the ground until it fell back a bit.

EB101

IIRC he was perched up on the front bumper... the front tires weren't even touching the ground until it fell back a bit.

I think Bryson is right.. after we checked it out it seemed to have rocked over and back a little when it hit the D-Ring.. then the tires caught. by then I had as much skinny pedal going as I dared. I don't claim any skill at saving it.. just a damn lucky bounce.

And yep, I had flopped it on the passenger side Easter Sunday and hadn't even finished with those repairs. I had all kinds of visions going through my mind during those few seconds, none of them ending up good.

What a great event though. I'll do it again if the yellow horse is still up to it again next year. Overall I was real happy with how it showed. We had broken front axles and a blown hub that took us completly out of two events. I guess I am in the market for a Dana 60.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
EB, you did an excelent driving job and had one of the nicest EB's I've seen. I couldn't believe you were actually going to run it. I was happy to see it still looking sharp after the event.

EB101

EB, you did an excelent driving job and had one of the nicest EB's I've seen. I couldn't believe you were actually going to run it. I was happy to see it still looking sharp after the event.

Thanks, but I think Rich Dalinga my spotter had a lot more to do with the Bronco surviving than I did. The first time I met him was Friday the morning of the event. He came highly recommended and it was easy to tell why. Rich is the reason we were able to do what we did. This was all new to me and Rich was awesome. I can't thank him enough. No rock to take home but it was so fun I feel like we won anyway.

Last edited: