One more try...

rholbrook

There are a lot of HID conversion threads out there but I have yet to try any of them. I was thinking about it last week and read a bunch of threads but thats as far as I got.

Caleb

Yep, an HID is the best option, unless you switch to a big spot, like one of the single 8" or the dual 4" kits. My standard Baja Design light is OK, but nothing great. I'll be switching to one of the above mentioned setups. The HIDs are all too spendy for me.

Corban_White

Yeah, my light isn't too bad though. I just wish I could turn the low and high beams on at the same time so I could see what is far away AND what is close to me AT THE SAME TIME!! :D:D I have ridden in the dark but not off road. I try to always at least make it back to a graded road before it gets dark.

Caleb

I just wish I could turn the low and high beams on at the same time so I could see what is far away AND what is close to me AT THE SAME TIME!! :D:D

That's the exact reason I've been thinking about doing one of the dual 4" kits. Then I can do a flood on one and a spot on the other.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
My stock stator puts out 200W. I figure the motor and the LED taillight can't use more than 100W total. I have some old Hella off road lights in my garage... I don't know the model but I'm guessing they are 100W units. I might try to mount one up really quick and see what happens. Should be a cheap way to get LOTS of light!

Jared

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I was wondering about using one of those Checker HID lights that everyone seems to like. What are they, like 35 watts or something? Fab up a custom mount and good to go.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
On a side note, does my 2003 drz400e put out 200 watts as well? Any one know right off?

I would think so, since both your bikes were originally the 'dirt' versions of DRZ's. I could see the street version DRZ400S having slightly more wattage for lights, but that's just a guess. I could be totally wrong.

A good place to verify information about your bike would be in the forums at ThumperTalk.com, they have make & model specific forums and there it a ton of info about DRZ's in there. If you haven't been there yet, it's a good place for dirt bike tech.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Yes, I've been looking around on there, just not about lights. I've been on Advrider as well, but the idea of putting everything related to my bike in just one thread is pretty stupid. Hard to find anything.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Ha! My magic push button just keeps getting better and better! I'm liking the idea more and more of the HID conversion lights, Then I could run a cig lighter for the gps. Or maybe hand warmers or even a DVD player. You know, for the longer rides.