Opinions on BIG O BIG FOOT X/T tires

utahxjer

Looking to get some new tires for the ZJ (33x12.50/15) My wife went back to work and drives it from Lehi to Lindon everyday and the MTRs are needing to be replaced.

What does everyone think of the BIG O BIG FOOT X/T tires?

Last edited:

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I steer clear of Big-O. I cannot stand those guys or their products. Just my personal opinion though, and I am a nobody so just toss my comment out the window.:D

Grim

how about BFG AT , i put just over 60 miles a day on them (five days a week) , rotate them every 6,000 miles(all five) , they are quiet on the freeway , and do pretty good off road

I really like the guys at the Draper Big Ho. A couple even run the XT and like them. I've run the BFG AT KO for a couple years. I'm looking at a more aggressive tire and was considering the XT. Also considering the Duratrac (Goodyear) which isn't as pretty but will hopefully be as good in the snow and better in the mud.

Brett

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Im running the 33" Toyo MTs on my XJ. I have 30k miles on them and they are still well over half tread! I drive the thing for work every day pulling a little enclosed trailer.

They are decent off road but I dont think they can be beat for a dual purpose tire. Granted they are a lot more money but I think its worth it to have them last.

I would buy them again no questions asked. In fact.....I might be putting them on my dually!

Corban_White

I had some of the old tread design:

XT1.jpg

I didn't really like them as they didn't wear well and the traction was less than I expected. Other than in deep snow my current toyo A/Ts have better traction and much better wear characteristics. I have the toyo on both of my trucks and love them but I will be replacing the ones on my tacoma next month and will not be going with the toyo again simply because of price. ($1,200 after tax :O) Instead I will be going with these:

hanvl2.xl.jpg

roverrocks

Big O brand tires are lousy. Both passenger and off road tires. I learned that years ago the hard way. I buy BFG's but I do buy them at BigO. I like my local Big O dealer but I would not ever again buy the Big O brand.

Nate R

It's derby season!
I'm going to have to agree with the group. I have them on my tow rig, granted it is a heavy truck with a diesel, but I wouldn't put them on again if they were given to me. Less than 10k miles on them and they are about half tread.

When I replace them I'm going to go with BFG's.

-Nate

utahxjer

Thanks guys... We have MTRs on it now and love em. The price sounds nice on the Big O brand but I don't want them wearing out in 10K miles.

Houndoc

I ran Big-O ATs on our Yukon XL. They seemed to last pretty well, but after 30-40K miles rode rough despite balancing attempts.

I have not had my current Coopers long enough to have a good feel for them yet, with far too little off-road, but in the past have found them to last and be a great value.

SnwMnkys

I had Big O ATs on my Superduty and I blew out a sidewall for no reason. Just came out one day and there was a flat, and went to inflate it to find the leak and saw a big chunk out of the sidewall. First time I had ever seen a blown sidewall on a tire from just sitting.

jgb

I used to run the 31" XT (old design) and got a lot of flats and unrepairable flats, for which they just gave me a new tire.

I now run the 33" XT (new design) and have only gotten one flat. Overall I like them. Yes they do wear fast.

Traction out in the West Desert is fine. Traction is sketchy on hard pack snow and ice.