Opinions on shipping companys

Caleb

I know this maybe chit chat but it involves shipping my parts I need...

I ordered some stuff from summit racing and everything but one item was shipped via UPS, the other item was shipped Fed EX Home...everything is here BUT the thing shipped through Fed Ex...everything was shipped form the same location(Sparks, NV)

why is it UPS can get it here the next day but it takes Fed Ex 4 days to get it here???

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
that's a very good question. shipping business is a very interesting business, strange things can fit into the back of a truck. I once delivered 2/3 of a mazda, if you were looking at the front bumper, the whole right side had been cut off, from top to bottom. fed ex might have different route times and pick up times. BTW...what is coming? hmm? share the surprise with the rest of the class! :D

Caleb

Well so far I have got my seats, covers, mounting brackets, radiator, radiator cap(cant believe its not sold with the radiator:D), and I know theres more, but now I am waiting on the fan to show up so I can start placing everything...I should be ordering my doubler within the next week or two...oh yeah and I willfinally be paying off my Jeep which there is just about nothing original left:D:p

Caleb

no not a raise we finally fished a normal season...and let me tell you what, I made more during that 4 months then the average Joe makes the whole year...plus I have bonuses and taxes coming...:D:D:D

I think the Jeep will finally get done:p

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
A flex Fan???

Haven't you learned anything about cooling issuse and flex fans??

Unless you have another game plan.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
A flex fan fattens out under RPM's, and look at how thin the blades are. These two items increase HP's but it also decreases the amount of air that is pulled throught the radiator.
Granted, the times that is may affect your cooling is durring the heat of the summer,,, Like in Moab when it reaches say,,,, 95+ degrees.

The stock harden fan has wider blades and hardly flattens out. If you run a pusher fan this may not be an issue, if you don't run it on the highway, this may not be an issue,,,

It Was an issue for me and many others.

Caleb

thats good stuff to know...I wont be running it on the freeway or even on the street for that matter...Its rated to 8000 RPM and I think I might run a pusher fan too...I think I will try it if it doesn't work its only $30...

MD11Fr8Dog

Fa Shizzle my Dizzle
Originally posted by supergper
I know this maybe chit chat but it involves shipping my parts I need...

I ordered some stuff from summit racing and everything but one item was shipped via UPS, the other item was shipped Fed EX Home...everything is here BUT the thing shipped through Fed Ex...everything was shipped form the same location(Sparks, NV)

why is it UPS can get it here the next day but it takes Fed Ex 4 days to get it here???

One of the differences between FedEx and UPS is how the systems are integrated, or not integrated as fara as FedEx is concerned.

UPS shipped stuff - all gets combined together, sorted and redistributed within the same system. Therefore, something sent 2-3 day, might get to you in 1-2 days.

FedEx does stuff a littel differently. You can ship via FedEx Express and have options of next biz morning, next biz afternoon, 2nd day, 3rd day. Or you can ship via FedEx Ground. Or ship FedEx Home Delivery, which is a service offered through FedEx Ground. FedEx Ground and FedEx Express are actually different companies under the parent company FedEx Corp.

Anyway, FedEx Ground (formerly RPS) and Home Delivery is a lower cost service with a longer delivery times depending on zones. See this site and throw in some zip codes to check on the transit times (depends on zones crossed) Ground Transit Schedules.

HTH, but then again, what do I know, I'm just a glorified truck driver:D ;)
O2MaskPOR.jpg