Orem cops are retards.

81Ramchargerman

muleskinner said:
Uhh no, but I've been in plenty of fights. I've also been locked up for fighting :mad: but I always wait for the other person to throw first, then its on. :D

If he pushed you, then he didn't throw first...you escalated it from an argument to a fight...that's how the judges up here see it. Same thing as if they have a knife and you pull a gun...

muleskinner said:
I've been in plenty of fights. I've also been locked up for fighting :mad: but I always wait for the other person to throw first, then its on.

Me too, but if I am gonna get into trouble and they really want to fight, I don't give them the chance. If I am gonna get into trouble either way, best they can't remember it.

Last edited:

muleskinner

81Ramchargerman said:
If he pushed you, then he didn't throw first...you escalated it from an argument to a fight...that's how the judges up here see it. Same thing as if they have a knife and you pull a gun....

:rolleyes: If someone pushes/shoves you they have physically attacked you, it's no longer a verbal argument, it's physical. If they come at me with a knife
they will be full of .357 size holes... You need to take the Utah concealed weapons class. (or brush up on it)

81Ramchargerman said:
Me too, but if I am gonna get into trouble and they really want to fight, I don't give them the chance. If I am gonna get into trouble either way, best they can't remember it.

I've been let off before, having witnesses vouch for me getting attacked first.

Edit: I didn't see you were from Idaho ;) I guess the Utah stuff doesnt apply.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Yup, someone pushes me, that's assault, and it's on like donkey kong.

As far as Spences situation, I would have just hit him with the rear trailer. :hickey:

V-DAWG

someday
If someone is threatening you while you are both in a vehicle, and you pull over, get out of your vehicle, and continue in the argument- you had better hope you don't have to shoot them.

I can't imagine the courts ruling in your favor unless you were forced to exit your vehicle.

As far as the comment about someone pulling a knife on you- you definitely have the right to use deadly force to defend yourself or others. I would just be careful how you got into that situation. If you are the aggressor in the situation, then you are screwed. If you are minding your own business, then you shouldn't have any problems.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
81Ramchargerman said:
If he pushed you, then he didn't throw first...you escalated it from an argument to a fight...that's how the judges up here see it. Same thing as if they have a knife and you pull a gun...

Wrong, once they take it too a physical level... its on.

DrMoab

81Ramchargerman said:
Same thing as if they have a knife and you pull a gun...
SPOBI! Ask just about any cop. In a circle less then 20 feet a knife will scare the crap out of a cop worse then a gun will. If someone pulls a knife on you(unprevoked (SP?) ) this is a threat to your life and you have EVERY right to fill them full of holes. Trust me.

81Ramchargerman

DrMoab said:
SPOBI! Ask just about any cop. In a circle less then 20 feet a knife will scare the crap out of a cop worse then a gun will. If someone pulls a knife on you(unprevoked (SP?) ) this is a threat to your life and you have EVERY right to fill them full of holes. Trust me.

I don't know, stuff up here is lame, I either have just lots of experience with JUVENILE justice, or Idaho is retarded. That is how it should be, but as far as I know, up here if you get into a fight, you get into just as much trouble if you start it as if you are just involved...

HICKEY said:
Yup, someone pushes me, that's assault, and it's on like donkey kong.

Yeah, but as soon as you hit them it = assault against them to... in Idaho at least.

Don't flame on me, damn...I am not against personal defense, just the laws up here are...

TyRaid

well done

I give it to you. you are a good citzen by following him and attempting to stop him by using the law. If it was me I would of done the same thing until he walk toward my car then that would have been the breaking point because I would kick the crap out of him untill hit hurt to hit him anymore. Sorry if people think this is crude or wrong but i hate gang bangers :mad2: especially if they pull that crap on people that can't defend them selves. i think your actions were wise.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
81Ramchargerman said:
...Yeah, but as soon as you hit them it = assault against them to... in Idaho at least....

Your missing the point...

As soon as they push you = assualt, you hitting them back = defense. Once you get physical (push, shove, heatbut, spit, kick, slap, smack, etc) you have assaulted someone...

utahxjer

TyRaid said:
I would kick the crap out of him untill hit hurt to hit him anymore. .

wow, there is self-defense, and then there is assault. If someone did hit you, you can defend yourself, but you cannot continue to assault them after they are unconscious, trying to run-away from you, etc

James K

NO, I'm always like this
utahxjer said:
wow, there is self-defense, and then there is assault. If someone did hit you, you can defend yourself, but you cannot continue to assault them after they are unconscious, trying to run-away from you, etc

ah, come on..........no gray area :rofl:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
As far as shooting someone goes, I will never pull my gun on someone unless one is pulled on me first.

Can I come over and you show me how action beats reaction? heheh I'm just messing with you man, but you know how that one goes. Move offline, create distance/time and all that, and good luck. Having a gun pulled on you SUCKS. Due to my very illuminating time in central NY, I hedge on the side of pre-emption. And awareness of one's surroundings, situation, etc. For the most part, danger can be avoided but when it's coming there's usually some warning signs.

Guns are a useful tool if you're actually in fear of your life or someone else's. Is it a bit over the top sometimes? Maybe but so what. You can be beaten to death fairly easily, and how's that go? "rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6"? eh

Meat_

Banned
A poke in the chest is even considered assault.

In the hands of an average person a knife is more dangerous than a firearm. It's a proven fact that someone laying down on the ground with a knife 12 feet from you can get up and be in your face before you can react and draw your side arm.

Herzog said:
Well said. If I were in the situation, I would really, really want to pull my gun... but in the long run driving away is the better option and will save you a lot of headache. Chances are the guy has existing problems and if the authorities are smart enough act on the situation it will probably be taken care of.

If there is an exit scenario, use it. Doesn't make you a "pansy". In fact, I think using your gun as an exit makes you more of a "pansy" if there are other options. But if you are cornered, in your house, or somewhere without an immediate exit option... I say Fire at will. It's your life, don't let anybody take any aspect of that away from you.

What drives me nuts is the logic some people have about not allowing firearms in certain places like schools, churches, etc... I trust somebody with a concealed weapons permit and training more than I do any other stranger. If somebody WANTS to bring a gun into a building to cause problems or kill.... a stupid law isn't going to change their mind. And when they do, nobody else is going to be armed to protect themselves and/or others. What kind of logic is that? yeah... Let's disarm our good civilians so that when a criminal comes into the factor we are defensless... :rolleyes: Idiots.

I would never have figured you for a gun toting hillbilly...

Welcome to the club :greg:

StrobeNGH

no user title
This is why cars should come with paintball guns mounted fore and aft!
Someone pisses you off, light 'em up.
They know you are mad at them, you 'showed them' and other cars will see the paint and know that the driver is an idiot so that they can stay clear.
If you want to get really technical, have different color paint for different offenses . . .

81Ramchargerman

StrobeNGH said:
They know you are mad at them, you 'showed them' and other cars will see the paint and know that the driver is an idiot so that they can stay clear.
If you want to get really technical, have different color paint for different offenses . . .

Have you ever had paintball on your window???

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
spencurai said:
If I am not mistaken, main street is a mile or two off the highway, hardly chasing him. From what I gather, he did deny the whole thing and since it was my word against his, they just took a statement from the both of us and sent me on my way.

Now, as far as speeding, yes of course I was speeding, I never denied that. As to the tailgating, I don't feel I was tailgating him but I cannot 100% say fur sure that for the short time I was behind him that I wasn't less than 2 seconds away. I can't deny that but I don't feel I was an ass about it, I just proceeded on my way and he got pissed because I passed him and went on about my business...

In my younger days I have done some psycho crap myself, but I learned the easy way that you don't get anything out of it. When I was 21, I was in my exploder and a jerk in a wrangler cut me off, and I mean BAD!!! I was pissed and instead of letting it go, I waited, passed him, and locked them up until we were going about 5mph. I realized that this did absolutely nothing other than wear big flat spots in my tires. Did he learn his lesson, hardly I would guess. Did I learn how to be an ass, yeah but it occured to me how dumb it was so I stopped, it was dangerous. I learned to vent my frustrations and not translate it into vehicular movements. I personally believe hand gestures are the biggest show of white trash value and I personally just like to point and laugh at others frustrations. There is no need to get worked up about things.

Now when people don't come to realizations on their own, and try to attack me with their vehicle, that is not excuseable. You can toss mule-crap at my car and I can let it slide...no pun intended...but when you put my life and the lives of at least a half dozen other drivers on the line just to try to prove how tough you are, you need to have a chat with law enforcement.

I haven't had a ticket in years (knock on wood) because I learned to drive under control and within reason. I don't use a radar detector, I don't play "Spot the Cop" I just drive. When I get pulled over I truly try to get an education instead of a ticket and I have learned that most cops prefer to send you away with a better attitude rather than a worse attitude and a lighter checkbook.

I don't pretend to be an angel but I am no motor-psycho.

Speeding is a crime. Therefore you are a criminal.

That is all.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
muleskinner said:
If you were following the proper distance, I doubt he would hit his brakes...

Eratic driving at its best...

Why did he cut across traffic if he was already in the fast lane?

What kind of threatening gestures? middle finger, gun, shaking fist?

So a car swerves close to you on the and you tie up the 911 emergency dispatch? I hope nobody had home on fire or was getting raped or somekind of REAL emergency.

So you gave him a threatening gesture and chased him?

I had a guy tailgating me about a month ago on 9th east, I was going the 30 mph and he wouldnt back off. I decided that I no longer need my bottle of water, so I dumped it out the window... which seemed to get all over his nicely washed truck. He proceeded to flip me off and gesture me to pull over, which I obliged. He got out all puffed up yelling and gave me a push.. bad move on his part, I hope he didn't get run over because I left him laying on the side of the road. As far as shooting someone goes, I will never pull my gun on someone unless one is pulled on me first.

Is it ever a good idea to have a fistfight while packing? Seems like no mater how good you are you may end up being surprized by someone better who may take you down find the peice and turn it on you.

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
StrobeNGH said:
That is the best thing I've heared so far! :rofl:
Maybe
Green: Old people (I drive too slow, leave my blinker on, ect)
Orange: House wife (I drive an SUV while talking on the cell, reaching for a bottle, ect.)
Blue: Middle-age-man (I drive like I owne the road, I am always right, I'll go my own speed unless I see a good looking woman who is not going my speed then I will speed up or slow down to get a better look, ect)
Red: Teenager (I drive like a bat out of h@11 ,no matter where I am going, or what I am doing)

Klif01

Do I bother you?
I had a similar experience last time was down in orem, I was in my celica driving on state street with two of my friends (cause you know cruising state is the only cool thing to do) :rolleyes: Anyway we stopped at a light next to a civic who kept asking us to race, calling us names, then when we wouldn't, he told me he would race us after my friend got at least his permit....With all the crap they were talking to us we just laughed, I don't care about this whole racing thing, whats my stock celica with a worn out 4 cyl going to do, anyway after we just laughed at them they got all defensive and proceded to follow us, cut us off etc on state st. Then when we got on a side road, they pulled on the right side of me (in the shoulder) yelling at us to stop to settle it (on the street) anyway while he was in the shoulder I stayed right next to him and slowed down because there was a large parked F350 coming up, when he slammed on the brakes and barely missed it he caught back up on the right side.
This time he was waving a bat at us, and actaully hit the side of my car barely. The girl that was riding with me finally called 911 and told dispatch where we were and what was going on... Anyway this psycho continued to follow me and at one stop sign he pulled in front of me trying to box me in and got out of his car chasing us with this bat.

somehow when they disappeared they got in front of us and came at me head on, and I nearly wrecked when I went around him off the road in the grass...thats when they decided to give up. Aparently like 10 minutes later an officer pulled them over (or so dispatch said) and the cop was telling my friend their excuse for threatening us/endangering us was we threw a drink on their car.....All three of us still had the drinks in our hands that were mostly full...ohh well, who knowsif anything happened! But hopefully he got some trouble!