Overspray on my Jeep

Jeromy

wildkid said:
most insurance companies have the legal prowess to pursue them for the damages. All you have to do in the meantime is pay your deductable and have the damages repaired while your insurance company collects its debts and you recoup your deductable. Your rates, in most cases, will not be affected by filing a claim of this type. Best however to check with your agent ;)

Thats were I am at now. Progressive guy told me I could have it in the shop as soon as I pay the deductible. They would then go after the roofing company for the money. Still sucks that I would have to pay my 500 $ deductible. But at least my jeep will get fixed. Tomorrow is hit up 3 body shops for estimate day. Hopefully all of use a a groop can convince them to just settle up front with out us all having to go that way.

I am just glad I had not traded it in for a 05 mustang.... yet.... :D

Caleb

wildkid said:
Since I'm a little familiar with this type of event, here's the deal...
The contractor is responsible, no "ifs", "ands", or "buts". The end.
Approach them with the idea of settling out of court - cash deal.
If they are not warm to that, mention "your lawyer", that might convince them to go through with the cash deal.
If still not working, have an attourney send them a notice stating that if the situation cannot be resolved amicably, then expect "further legal action".
Still not getting anyhwere...most insurance companies have the legal prowess to pursue them for the damages. All you have to do in the meantime is pay your deductable and have the damages repaired while your insurance company collects its debts and you recoup your deductable. Your rates, in most cases, will not be affected by filing a claim of this type. Best however to check with your agent ;)

yep, this is exactly how to go about it...FWIW, it will not affect your rates at all because it is a comprehensive claim, not a collusion claim. Goodluck, it sucks when people are dipholes...

Caleb

Jeromy said:
I went and got several estimates today. They range from a low of 7,899 to a high of 8,900 :eek:

nucking futs!

depending on the company but somewhere around the 60% of the value mark they will total it...

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
I'd go to the state and check for a bond, and permits and such! I would miss with these people till hell frose over if they don't want to take care of business. What was the name of the company?

Bone Down

TheBigSgt said:
I'd go to the state and check for a bond, and permits and such! I would miss with these people till hell frose over if they don't want to take care of business. What was the name of the company?

Yah what he said, what is the name of the company?

Jeromy

mbryson said:
So, I'm assuming they are stripping/painting the whole thing?
yup.
New paint, all 10 windows, 5 rims, all the plastic trim, moldings, bumpers ect, all badges, the spare tire bracket, headlights, tail lights eveything.

If you own a liberty dont break the rear glass! 600$ :eek:

Last edited:

Jeromy

Supergper said:
depending on the company but somewhere around the 60% of the value mark they will total it...

I think they said my jeep was worth approx 18,000 so I am just shy of 50%. So far I am the winner with the highest ammount in damages. yay....

Company is from Wisconsen, Called JT roofing Inc. Why they are in Utah doing our roof I have no idea.

Now they are telling us that the paint will fall of on its own after the sun bakes it for a while. :ugh:

retards :rolleyes: