Parking ticket!!

Johnny4X4

So i loaded up my jeep, and yesterday took it to work to give it the once over, then i parked my truck, trailer with jeep on it in front of my house last night and today i get a parking ticket.

so after looking into the regulations, i cannot decide if it's worth going to see the judge over.

everything is registered and insurred, jeep, trailer and bronco.

if i would have parked both vehicles individually on the street, i would have been okay. if i lived in sandy and not west valley, i would have had 48 hours to move it.

the way the code reads, it says: campers, trailers, boat, moter homes, and recreational vehicles, cannot be parked on the street.

not that it matters to any WVC official, but what is your opinion:confused:

sorry, just needed to vent:eek:

Attachments

• WTF.JPG
    WTF.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I would interpret it to mean trailers not connected to the tow vehicles. Seems questionable at least. It might be worth fighting on principle as long as your vehicle was parked safely and not impeding any traffic.

Corban_White

It may be worth checking into a bit. Usually a trailer is not considered a separate vehicle unless it is unhooked. As a hooked up rig it is usually considered a single vehicle. Probably won't get out of it but it might be worth a try.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Good luck fighting ANYTHING in good ol WVC. Plan on the better part of the day just sitting and waiting to see a hearing officer. They try to make it as much of a PITA as possible so that you'll just pony up the cash to pay for all the new toys they have been getting, rather than fight it. They have to make up for a decrease in revenue some how, and these clowns really know how to play the game.

Oh, and you can probably thank one of your neighbors for brining it to thier attention...

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
For some reason I just love reading through city codes to see what I can get a way with. This is straight out of WVC code from there website http://www.wvc-ut.gov/ check out the bold print. Hopefully this helps.

(Ord. No. 03-35 Add 05/06/2003)
22-2-116. PARKING OR LEAVING TRUCKS, TRAILERS, CAMPERS, BOATS, ETC. ON STREET.
(1) No non-motorized vehicle, farm equipment, construction equipment, unmounted or unattached camper, boat, utility trailer, camper trailer, or any other type of trailer or any inoperable vehicle (as defined in Title 24 of this Code) may be parked, placed, stored, abandoned, or otherwise left on any public street, alley, sidewalk, park strip, or right-of-way at any time.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
But then there is this it's in the same chapter just different paragraph.

(3) It shall be unlawful to park, place, store, abandon, or otherwise leave any motorized vehicle, combination of vehicles, or combination of vehicles and load which have a length of more than 45 feet, or a width of more than 8 feet, or a height of more than 14 feet, or a gross weight over 18,000 pounds, or more than two axles, on any public street, alley, sidewalk, park strip, or right-of-way at any time, unless the vehicle or combination is actually engaged in loading or unloading passengers or freight.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
The only thing I can see in there then is "or more than two axles" which might be the kicker on that one. The way that reads, it sounds to me you can't park any vehicle that has two axles and a trailer because it would become three or more axles. In your case I'm sure four axles. For me I'd probably fight it just because it's stupid and I'm stubborn.

utah340six

sh=t west to wvc juvi cort for the dead 16 year old out after cerfew 4am picked up by cops.
mom took day off work we walked in they looked us over asked names 2 minutes later had son sign paper he would pay $50 fine.
they just want our money.
GOOD LUCK
payit look at moving.
not to the county they get to pay epd sevices.

rollover

On the ticket it will show you the ordinace # you are cited for. Look that up and than fight it if you can after you read it.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
(1) No non-motorized vehicle, farm equipment, construction equipment, unmounted or unattached camper, boat, utility trailer, camper trailer, or any other type of trailer or any inoperable vehicle (as defined in Title 24 of this Code) may be parked, placed, stored, abandoned, or otherwise left on any public street, alley, sidewalk, park strip, or right-of-way at any time.

Am I missing where you are NOT in violation of this part?? I'm skimming. :D

jdub

Scrambler
That is the bonus for living in less population, live in a heavily populated city and there are rules in place 'cause people can't be civilized.