Pat Bagley is a Moron

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I mean, we already knew that; but this particular cartoon really annoyed me:

CDXTRNOZRBHZVK3VHRPRGQOYFM.jpg

From the mind of someone who knows nothing of the issues, lets turn ALL THE LANDS INTO THEME PARKS... FOR NATURE!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
@Stephen, can you (or orthers) elaborate on some of the issues? I know very little.
In a nutshell what he is saying here is that the way to resolve the issue of National Park crowding is to "protect" more land as national parks. But national parks are a terrible mechanism for "protecting" land because it puts a spotlight on the land and effectively turns it into a theme park. I mean compare Zion with BLM land literally right outside its boundary; the amount of impact is literally night and day. Hiking trails in the park are over run, garbage everywhere, sensitive soil and vegetation destroyed. Trails outside are still in pretty good shape. You can also see this in stark reality with Bears Ears National Monument. Before that whole BS started 6 years ago or so, not many people in the country had a CLUE about that area. Now, its a veritable disaster area with plans to pave roads, build parking lots, etc, etc just to stuff more unprepared people in there.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
In a nutshell what he is saying here is that the way to resolve the issue of National Park crowding is to "protect" more land as national parks. But national parks are a terrible mechanism for "protecting" land because it puts a spotlight on the land and effectively turns it into a theme park. I mean compare Zion with BLM land literally right outside its boundary; the amount of impact is literally night and day. Hiking trails in the park are over run, garbage everywhere, sensitive soil and vegetation destroyed. Trails outside are still in pretty good shape. You can also see this in stark reality with Bears Ears National Monument. Before that whole BS started 6 years ago or so, not many people in the country had a CLUE about that area. Now, its a veritable disaster area with plans to pave roads, build parking lots, etc, etc just to stuff more unprepared people in there.
I like where you’re going with this. Although, logically, the thing to do is to take the ugliest crap land and turn it into national parks (ie, “Green River to I-70 National Park) and trick all the tourists into going there to ruin things. And the rest of us who are in the know, get to enjoy the good stuff in peace.

Like Indian reservations, but without the racism!