Pissed as Hell....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
speaking of extending...I was bored and watching the camera system at my job. We have about 3/4 of a million dollars into this system that really never get utilized properly to fight terrorism and crime in general.

While panning and scanning on a friday night, I watched a group of young folk get out of their minivan...they lit up some smokes and walked down 25th street laughing and carrying on. The best part was when an OPD officer drives by and one of the young folks steps off the curb to flip him off, well the officer got a full view of it and flipped a ***** with his lights on and the whole shebang. Another officer showed up who was down the block and they proceeded to seperate the "Flipper" out of the crowd for a brief talk in a cruiser. I don't think they did anything but put the fear of gawd back in the litle fawker..IT was interesting to watch at least.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
come on folks....we are so damn resourceful in building suspensions and roll cages...build your own trailer, it is not that bad, I built one in high school for the principal's snowmobiles, you just need a large carpenters square and some square tube. Trailer axles and fenders are cheap from supply places. Trailers are super simple.

utahxjer

spencurai said:
come on folks....we are so damn resourceful in building suspensions and roll cages...build your own trailer, it is not that bad, I built one in high school for the principal's snowmobiles, you just need a large carpenters square and some square tube. Trailer axles and fenders are cheap from supply places. Trailers are super simple.
How much then buddy? (no welding skills)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Mig welders = instant welding skills IMHO. You can trigger pull in 15 minutes.

Find a trailer you like, measure the dimensions and price out the metal to do it. Price out the axles and such then bring it to my house and we will build it in an afternoon, then you can take it home and paint it and enjoy. pay for my gas and wire and a couple pizzas and we can have an RME trailer building party. Plan it, I am offering up!! :)

utahxjer

spencurai said:
Mig welders = instant welding skills IMHO. You can trigger pull in 15 minutes.

Find a trailer you like, measure the dimensions and price out the metal to do it. Price out the axles and such then bring it to my house and we will build it in an afternoon, then you can take it home and paint it and enjoy. pay for my gas and wire and a couple pizzas and we can have an RME trailer building party. Plan it, I am offering up!! :)
Now that's an idea! I'm gonna stop by this Texas Trailers place on my way home tonight, and check on their prices first... I'll let everyone what their prices are...

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
spencurai said:
......then bring it to my house and we will build it in an afternoon, then you can take it home and paint it and enjoy. pay for my gas and wire and a couple pizzas and we can have an RME trailer building party. Plan it, I am offering up!! :)

.......This is how it always begins. Spencurai offers his garage to you, oh sure he lets you use it....BUT the next thing you know he wants you to bring your tubing bender over and let him 'borrow' it. Then he starts scamming jeep parts off of you 'to borrow'. That cute little girlfriend/wife of yours.....kiss her goodbye......He'll want to 'borrow' her too. (Him and his wife J.Lo are crazy kinky like that---I think they are called swingers.)

I've seen a million times before....right James? Who's baby is that anyway James? -_-

kirk86CJ

Just be careful if you decide to build one. I (we) have built two, and both of them cost me more to build (just in parts) than I could have bought one of these. Mine is better IMHO, so it doesn't bother me.

I also actually enjoy building them also.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
BBowski82 said:
.......This is how it always begins. Spencurai offers his garage to you, oh sure he lets you use it....BUT the next thing you know he wants you to bring your tubing bender over and let him 'borrow' it. Then he starts scamming jeep parts off of you 'to borrow'. That cute little girlfriend/wife of yours.....kiss her goodbye......He'll want to 'borrow' her too. (Him and his wife J.Lo are crazy kinky like that---I think they are called swingers.)

I've seen a million times before....right James? Who's baby is that anyway James? -_-

that is why I made you move to the frickin midwest...I didn't think you figured out that scam... :rofl:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
kirk86CJ said:
Just be careful if you decide to build one. I (we) have built two, and both of them cost me more to build (just in parts) than I could have bought one of these. Mine is better IMHO, so it doesn't bother me.

I also actually enjoy building them also.

That's the conclusion that I came too (I still might build my own out of what I have)...........

utahxjer

kirk86CJ said:
I almost bought one of these about a year ago. Seems like I could have got one for about $1,200 - $1,300. 2-3500 lb axles, one with brakes. Not bad.

Trailer Mfg.

Good Luck.

Kirk
So this guy will build me a 16' tandem axle car hauler with brakes on one axle, bulldog hitch, the works for $1350.00 He uses C channel, no angle iron

ramps are an extra $100.00

so i'm contemplating what to do, what to do...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
utahxjer said:
So this guy will build me a 16' tandem axle car hauler with brakes on one axle, bulldog hitch, the works for $1350.00 He uses C channel, no angle iron

ramps are an extra $100.00

so i'm contemplating what to do, what to do...

Go for it.....that's a way decent deal