planning noob run part 2

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Sami and I had some great dialogue about class options and ideas, hopefully one of our Tread Lightly Master Trainers (Tacoma or Curt Hall) could help with the Tread Lightly portion? Thoughts?

I could be convinced:greg: I need a firm date in order to plan for it. I'm giving a lecture between Sept 15-17 in Springdale at the ACA conference on TL! so I can't that weekend, but later on (or earlier) I may be free. Deal me in on the PM conversation and let me know the specifics or not so specifics.

TkMeHomePlease

I would like to make it, IF i know ahead of time. I think outdoors on the trail would be great. We could put people in situations and show them how to get out the correct way. Let me know. I remember my bro and I ended up going on the constrictor backwords lol we couldnt find it ha. Ended up getting to the falls backwords and then we the correct way made it to the falls again.

blznnp

depending on when you guys do this i might be able to show up also, as long as i got my blazer running and we are in utah...which will be soon, have only been out a couple times but once wasn't the drive and the second ended quickly do to the amount of snow. plus would be cool to get out and meet some people since we will be new to utah, at least living in utah.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I think a date needs to be set. This should probably be a Saturday. I would like it to be done before the trails close for the season.

Don't go getting bossy :p

I've got a busy fall, I could work with the following:

August 20th (late afternoon/evening up AF Canyon so those attending TBU could make it. Optional camping Saturday night up AFC for those interested.

September 10th Friday/Saturday or Saturday w/optional camping Saturday night?

October I've got some open weekends but we would want to plan that for someplace like the Miller Motorsports Park to be on the safe side with weather. Thoughts?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
i would be out for the 20th, it is the archery opener after all and this will be my first year with a bow. Pretty much anything else is good though.

anzenketh

Don't go getting bossy :p

I've got a busy fall, I could work with the following:

August 20th (late afternoon/evening up AF Canyon so those attending TBU could make it. Optional camping Saturday night up AFC for those interested.

September 10th Friday/Saturday or Saturday w/optional camping Saturday night?

October I've got some open weekends but we would want to plan that for someplace like the Miller Motorsports Park to be on the safe side with weather. Thoughts?

Not trying to be bossy just a firm nudge of the thread. And yes I know you were just jabbing with me. You can blame my organizational habits on my wife.

I am good with all three plans. AF canyon work really well for me as it is a 30 minute drive. :p

I was also thinking it would be cool to do a monthly non-training noob run for those of us with less gear/experience. This could be planned ad-hoc like the trail planning.

Last edited:

Max Power

Bryce
Not everyones schedule will be accomodated. There will probably always be some conflict. The best thing to do is to just post a date that works for the organizers and everyone that wants to go will try and make it. I will be there one way or the other. :D