Poor attendance at the land use rally...what a shame!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit
Did you go up Dry Fork Side in AF Canyon or come from Midway?
More details on your travels... :D

We rode from the summit of the Alpine Loop on the Ridge Trail and followed it untill we reached the 'No motorized vehicle' section of trail. If you were to hike from this point you pass above or drop into Pittsburg Lake.

You follow the ridge (Hence the name, Ridge Trail) for about 10-12 miles, looking down on everything. You'll see Silver Lake, Forest Lake and Deer Creek from the trail and end up looking almost straight at Snowbird. You can also see into Heber, Mary Ellen Gulch and ofcourse Mineral Basin at one point or another. It's a killer trail, especially on a motorcycle!

allterrain

AllTerrain
Ok, I made it to the FS office in PG only to find out that they are in meetings this week at the HQ in Provo going over the summer plan including trails, projects and fire issues. I will try to make an appt. with John Hendricks asap next week. He is over trail maintenance and projects and will know all the details. I will also try to meet with Larry Velarde who is his boss.
I am hoping we can pick up where we left off last year.

Alan

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by allterrain
Ok, I made it to the FS office in PG only to find out that they are in meetings this week at the HQ in Provo going over the summer plan including trails, projects and fire issues. I will try to make an appt. with John Hendricks asap next week. He is over trail maintenance and projects and will know all the details. I will also try to meet with Larry Velarde who is his boss.
I am hoping we can pick up where we left off last year.

Alan

Thanks a TON Alan, you're irreplaceable! :)

BLH

Ok! I'm making rare visit to this BBS. :-( it really is interesting reading the comments on the Rally last weekend and stuff. I disagree on the work isn't more important! all I'm hearing is how bad that Rally was. I must be pretty weird, cause I thought Rally was very good from full-size 4x4 stand point. After all this really wasn't our rally, there is no representive for full-size in that association. :-( But hell of alot of Jeep's up there! :) Yes! I was there, (123 miles one way) Best part of it was Jim Hansen speech, that is what you all missed. It give good guide line to what you need to do to get involved. Donating is good, but isn't enough expecially locally. Cause like EZ said about AF Canyon. not going to going into that one, but I know there is alot of different stories going around, it is kind of like when some tells someone something and when it get back to them, it is totally different. Alan from U4Wda is on it. I'm in a wait and see mode for now. There is other way's when dealing with politic also.
But what is biggest problem now is figuring out way to get message to the ATV people and hopefully there will be some good come out of the OHV meet July 15th that I'm and anyone else wants to can attend.

jtaoj

Hi all,

Newbie to this site, but a representative of the Utah Xterra Owners Club (secretary/treasurer in the club).

I attended this rally, and thought it was good. The turnout was OK, but not stellar. I brought my family, took advantage of free fishing day, and talked to some great folks at the rally. I am making a big push to take my kids to each of these that I can attend... I think they need to be as active as I plan to be.

I thought Jim Hansen's speech was good, but was let down that he popped his comment of running for governor out. The Trib pretty much focused on that, and talked about the rally as a side note.

I almost didn't make this rally, deciding that I had attended the one at the capitol. My family and I pushed ourselves to attend, and I am glad we did. Thanks to all on this site who spread the word and keep us all focused on this issue.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
it was not the fact that the rally was "BAD" per se' but the fact that it was well publicized, frickin EASY to get to depsite the long drive but yet was largely ignored due to the other trail runs that were organized between the announcement of the rally and the time the rally took place.

This post was intended to draw attention to the fact that these rallys are more important than what is now being recognized. Organization in general is our best friend....what better way to get out and meet the public than a rally.