Pope John Paul II passes away at age 84

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Here's my .02

No matter what you believe, if you are a good person you are OK with me. If you piss me off, Ima bussa cap YO! :greg:

Honestly; who cares what religion you are as long as you are kind and good to your fellow man????

;)

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Barbie said:
[The only good thing about the freedom of speech is that, weather we are aware of it or not, we are more and more educated everyday about life and other people. Have you not learned a thing or two from this thread? ;) :p :D :D :D

I know I did :D

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
It's all about respect "BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER!! Party ON DUDES!!"
billandted1.gif

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
man i knew i should have stayed away from this thread too. :eek:

apparently it was a misunderstanding, i thought you were saying it is better to be catholic than mormon or vice versa. i can appreciate any religion and i think it is unfair to say someone is not a good person because they are catholic instead of mormon or vice versa.
i came into this thread to see if there was anything good to be said of the former pope. i don't know much about him, but is seems someone that dedicates their life to their beliefs is a good person if not an honorable one... right?
i appreciate religious diversity entirely, and just wish everyone would do the same. i have had friends of all religious flavors, and i like to listen to their beliefs and occasionally voice my own.
sorry i started a big deal, it won't happen again ;)

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
TRNDRVR said:
I wasn’t bashing any religion when I originally asked my question, but I asked because I thought the above statement in Medsker's story was rather insinuating and hypocritical. Is was expressed as if it was a BAD thing for someone of the mormon religion to turn catholic, and that being catholic in their eyes was like being a lesser person. If I was a catholic, which I'm not, I would be insulted to know that my fellow believer in god looked down their nose at me because I wasn't a member of their organization.

You thought I was putting Catholics down because a Bishop didn't want his five year old to become Catholic? Boy nothing like looking for a fight in anything. I can't imagine any leader of any Church wanting their five year old switching religions on them but apparently that offended you, I apologize to you, I didn't mean to upset you, I apologize to Catholics everywhere, I take back my story, I have nothing but respect for any religion. I thought it was an amusing story, apparently it wasn't, I'm Sorry.

Medsker

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Medsker said:
You thought I was putting Catholics down because a Bishop didn't want his five year old to become Catholic? Boy nothing like looking for a fight in anything. I can't imagine any leader of any Church wanting their five year old switching religions on them but apparently that offended you, I apologize to you, I didn't mean to upset you, I apologize to Catholics everywhere, I take back my story, I have nothing but respect for any religion. I thought it was an amusing story, apparently it wasn't, I'm Sorry.

Medsker
No need to apologize to me. I was only pointing out the observation of how your story came across.