Central Utah post-surgery July 5th run of Hanging Tree Trail or the Pinnacle Trail

Pile of parts

I'm officially out. Finally pulled my t-case and let's just say, it's not good... or maybe it is, depending on how you feel about upgrades. Either way, there is no chance I'll be ready in time. Fun trail. Hopefully I can run it with you another time.

Omgbecki

If I knew how to post pictures I would show you. There is a video on YouTube. You can watch me trying the waterfall for my first time.I went up with Kevin and his white xj and a couple other people.

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
A group of us did this trail last week. There was a flash flood that came through the canyon during the last big storm and deposited some of the big boulders from the canyon at the bottom on the other side of the road..... The trail really took a beating!! There are big washouts all the way up that make it very interesting to get around, definitely made the trail harder. Most of the group had 40's and tons, so made it fun, but my dad was on bald 37's, locked front and rear and I turned him around just before the halfway mark because it was over his head. I also lost my steering pump with full hydro, so I followed him out. We ended up putting mine and his on their sides before we got out the bottom. The trail is pretty rough now, but if it stays dry and has some traffic through it before your trip, it should be back to normal, but if not, go prepared.....

Omgbecki

Oh dang. That sounds rough hardline. I just got on to say I took the day off for this trail but considering I'll be driving there doing the trail and still need to drive home.Maybe I should reconsider.

azoroc

just curious if my rig would make also, other wise i am interested in new trails i live up in farmington layton area and dont know where that trail is
after reviewing the trail sign i will have to wait till i can upgrade some parts good luck guys

Last edited:

Omgbecki

Any back up trail in case we don't get a local.Hate to have taken aday for nothing.Well I guess I could hit up afc

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I broke an axle shaft and the replacement won't be here till after the weekend. Figures. So I'm out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
So is this happening for sure or not?

I'm trying to make it happen, even single-handedly if necessary. I am going to call James (hence the reason for that thread) to see if I might be able to lead the group myself.

Is there a list of people going?

Besides those in this thread who have expressed interest, there are a couple guys on Facebook who have said they want to go... plus I have two other friends who have expressed interest. So maybe there might be 6 or 8 vehicles present.

Can we count on you, too? ;)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
List of all (potential) attendees so far:

RME members
myself
omgbecki
jcbaert
YROC FAB

non-RME folks
FB guy Kyle A.
FB guy Chris P.

I will edit the above as people join/drop out.

Last edited: