pELYgroso

'Merica
ok, I'm thinking about buying a ps and I'll want to put a chip in it if i do. What are the best chips, exhausts, and anything else that will improve mileage??

VANDALL

I'llpullyaout said:
ok, I'm thinking about buying a ps and I'll want to put a chip in it if i do. What are the best chips, exhausts, and anything else that will improve mileage??

What year? I have a chip 4 a superduty '99-02 7.3L

VANDALL.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Kind of depends on year....check out www.dieselstop.com lots of info and tried and tested suggestions.
Beans Diesel and Swamps Diesel are good.
I just ordered a 6 pos chip from Beans.
Tymar is good for intake and exhaust.
There are a bunch of tuners out there and Bean has programs from most of them.
You can find links to all these from dieselstop.

HTH

suv

Booty-fab Instructor
I just ordered a 4-position chip from Jody Tipton at dp-tuner. His tunes are highly touted by those on Dieselstop.com, I'll let you know what I think when it arrives. He can also program your computer for only $75. I decided to go with a 4-position ($409) so I can change back and forth. You can read about these chips on dieselstop, or go to www.dp-tuner.com to order stuff.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
suv said:
I just ordered a 4-position chip from Jody Tipton at dp-tuner. His tunes are highly touted by those on Dieselstop.com, I'll let you know what I think when it arrives. He can also program your computer for only $75. I decided to go with a 4-position ($409) so I can change back and forth. You can read about these chips on dieselstop, or go to www.dp-tuner.com to order stuff.

Yep, my 6 has a tow program and extreme program from Jody and from Tony (Wildman).
It will be here tomarrow, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I'llpullyaout said:
my ps is a 96. how much does a decent exhaust usually cost??

Check out the vendors section on dstop, there is a pretty good range of $$ depending on what you want. Tymar is probably the best bang for the $$, but you have to call him....no website/store, just his contact info.

Do the 3" down pipe for sure, Ford makes a cat delete pipe for a SD that bolts in with a little trimming, then use the cat back of your choice. If I was to do it again, I would straight pipe it....no muffler.... ;)

SnwMnkys

rckcrlr said:
Check out the vendors section on dstop, there is a pretty good range of $$ depending on what you want. Tymar is probably the best bang for the $$, but you have to call him....no website/store, just his contact info.

Do the 3" down pipe for sure, Ford makes a cat delete pipe for a SD that bolts in with a little trimming, then use the cat back of your choice. If I was to do it again, I would straight pipe it....no muffler.... ;)

3" downpipe? Isnt the stock downpipe 3.5" Why would choking it more help any?

Get gauges first, then buy a chip. Youll want to make sure you dont hurt that motor any. Im going with Jodys chip. Magnaflow exhaust, and probably the AFE stage II intake.

My friend has the Edge Evolution programmer and it woke the truck up, but i dont like how it takes 3 minutes to program a new setting into the computer. Its not instant like some of the chips.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
OMG!!
Just got m chip in!! I am amazed!! Beans economy burn has as much power as I had with the Superchip.....It just gets betterfrom there!!!! :greg:

Call bean if you want a chip!

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
I'm running the Edge Juice with Attitude for my 555 CTD, and yes this is not out yet, I testing it for them, Made in Ogden UT, and I LOVE IT!

Reviving an old thread...cuz I'm looking at doing the same things.

Gauges (best source for a-piller setup)
DP or Tony or Beans or Edge or Superchips or ????? Would like multi-position
Exhaust (I hear the 4" SS Magnaflow doesn't cause the dreaded drone in the Excursion)
AFE 2 intake or BHAF or what?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Reviving an old thread...cuz I'm looking at doing the same things.

Gauges (best source for a-piller setup)
DP or Tony or Beans or Edge or Superchips or ????? Would like multi-position
Exhaust (I hear the 4" SS Magnaflow doesn't cause the dreaded drone in the Excursion)
AFE 2 intake or BHAF or what?

I got the Tymar intake. Very happy with his stuff, but you could build your own if you wanted. He's a solid dude and has a lot of stuff. I'm sure he has gauges and exhaust.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Bret-
I have been really happy with Wide Open Performance for Diesel stuff, they are the first place I call when it comes to questions like this.

Zane- 233-1111
off of 90th South Sandy

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I run the dp tuner multi position in mine. Very happy with the programing. Afe stage 2 air filter, and I got my 4 pod pillar, and guages from summit racing

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
BEAN BEAN BEAN BEAN!!!!
Bean has been great to work with. I have his injectors and 6 position chip....It is a great combo. My best mileage is in the mild tow position....Since we don't live in flatland, I would not bother with the econ program....