Pre EJS antenna tuning parties...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have been asked if I could help tune some cb/2 meter antennas before Easter Jeep Safari... so after the previous years where others have asked but where out of area, I was going to have a meet and greet and tune some antennas... I will have both and swr meter and a antenna analyzer to make sure there are matched up.

So there are going to be 2 dates... First will be in North Salt Lake at a park that is on 1100 N and about 1300 W. Its called North Foxboro park. It will be on March 5th at 10 am. If there is trouble with antennas or mounts or radios there is a Flying J truck stop down the road where parts can be obtained.

The second date will be March 12th and it will be in Orem at Low Range off roads parking area. They will have beverages and possibly other goodies.. Sean said he will stock up on radios and cables and mounts as well. The time will be at 10am as well.

Even if you don't need your radios tuned you are welcome to come out and meet others that will be there! Who knows maybe afterwards a trip up to skyline drive might break out! or little moab/snakes for the Orem date....

Any question or concerns or whatever leave a post on here....
John
N7SHZ

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
This would be pretty awesome. I clipped my CB coax when I pulled it from my JK and still need to get it set up. I tried a month ago to get the new end on there but just managed to mangle the new connections. I'll see if I can get a new one on and come get it tuned. Thanks for doing this.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
If I can pull it together in time, I would like to meet on the 5th..

I've got to get a new antenna and mount.. then wire it all up..

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
we had 7 people show up and I found some problems with their antennas and even a problem with my equipment... one antenna was installed wrong and was shorting out to his vehicle, two had the wrong antennas (2 meter and 6 meter ham antennas) and one had a broken coax connector at the antenna end... and I had a loose connection on my own radio...

all in all a great day! See ya all at low range offroad next weekend! free refreshments!

Bart

Thanks to John, Big Sarge, and Low Range for hosting a great event. I was able to get the Jeep running long enough to go down and get the CB tuned. Hey John, if I pull that spring will the radio be better or will the antenna need to be re-tuned? You've got me second guessing myself. Thanks again.