price check on tire mount/balance

I've been buying tires online and having the local Les Schwab mount/balance them for me. For 4 tires (brought in loose, off vehicle), I've been paying about $90 total, including state tire tax, dismount, tire disposal, mount, and balance.

If any of you do something similar, is this about the going rate? The only other options I have locally are WalMart and Big O, both of which charge about the same.

Just wondering - thanks.

Brad J

I pay $10/tire to mount and balance at a Cortez tire (280 N Redwood Rd, North Salt Lake, UT 84054 801-860-8540). I'd recommend looking for a small shop where English is not spoken very well to get the best deal.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Interesting story here: About two months ago I took all four of my boat trailer tires to Discount to swap out new tires I also brought with me. My wife's car had a TPM go out so I brought her car in packed full of the trailer tires. I don't remember the exact numbers, but for some reason it was cheaper for them to remove the wheel from my wife's car, remove the tire, R&R the TPM, reinstall the tire, balance the tire, and install the wheel back on the car. I want to say that was like $10-15 to do. Then they swapped the new tires for the old tires for the boat trailer. They didn't balance them. Then put them back in the car. I want to say they were $20-25 each. Seemed crazy to me.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Oh i forgot, I had bought some tires on KSL for the wife's Expedition and the LHM ford in Draper was super cheap for mount and balance. I want to say $14 per tire. Not sure if they charge more for big rubber

RogueJeepr

Here!
I'd avoid walmart for tire work.
Last week I had them dismount 5 tires cause I needed the rims.
I specifically asked them to check if any were bent , by spinning them on the balancer machine.
He lied and said they did.

I proceed with a quick paint job and went to discount to mount the tires.
Come to find out 3 of the 5 were bent.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk