Archived prichet canyon chewy hill roll

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Steinbeck is my literary hero, so it's a damn word! Next time I see you I'm going to hit you over the head with a copy of East of Eden!:mad2:

Regardless of whether or not it's a word, you used it incorrectly.

For example;

"Irregardless of whether or not it's a word, you used it incorrectly"

Now that just doesn't make any sense now does it (and that's not including the obvious slight towards correct sentence structure)? The word "regardless" means "without regard" so once you add the prefix "ir", you get "without without regard" or perhaps "not without regard" mean and why on earth would you use that? In the second translation it actually takes the opposite meaning as you intended.

I think the word you were searching for would be "irrespective". As in "without respect to".

As for the subject, I have also had a few 'questionable' experiences drinking and wheelin when I was younger, now I limit it to a beer or two at lunch and the rest after the trail. Rolling (no pun intended) around with your Coors Light safely placed in your #24 Bobby Joey signature coozie while wheelin is not only irresponsible, but helps environmental extremists portray all 4x4 users as drunken rednecks who like to get loaded, drive wherever they want, and toss their empties over their shoulders without thinking. There should be ZERO tolerance for that sort of behavior in our groups.

Last edited:

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
why he has a busted up rig to make him remember.

ps we did put the fence back up after we drug his jeep back on the trail.
2nd time that day fixing the same fence.
for some reason peaple think they can go up the canyon to by pass chewy.
still needs 6 feet of cable on the south end to be fixed, (were cable was broke off).

Thank you for repairing the fence. MFFW has a trip / work day scheduled for Pritchett in a few weeks, so we will make permanent repairs then. A re-design may also be in order.

I ran Pritchett again on Sunday (Apr 4) with a couple club members and some U4WDA folks. I was pleased that the trail survived the week in pretty good shape. There were a few off-trail tracks, and a bit more trash than usual, but all-in-all it looked good. Thank you to everyone who helped to take care of the trail!

1995zj

I'm addicted
Thank you for repairing the fence. MFFW has a trip / work day scheduled for Pritchett in a few weeks, so we will make permanent repairs then. A re-design may also be in order.

I ran Pritchett again on Sunday (Apr 4) with a couple club members and some U4WDA folks. I was pleased that the trail survived the week in pretty good shape. There were a few off-trail tracks, and a bit more trash than usual, but all-in-all it looked good. Thank you to everyone who helped to take care of the trail!

This probably had something to do with the fact that there was a RR4W rep. standing at the entrance of Pritchett on Friday morning until about 9:15am turning people around and telling them the safari was running it. The group right in front of us showed him the paper that it wasn't being run that day, he double checked his and said "oh, my bad, I was looking at the wrong day" :rofl::rofl:

Kept the crowd down so that sure was nice :D

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
This probably had something to do with the fact that there was a RR4W rep. standing at the entrance of Pritchett on Friday morning until about 9:15am turning people around and telling them the safari was running it. The group right in front of us showed him the paper that it wasn't being run that day, he double checked his and said "oh, my bad, I was looking at the wrong day" :rofl::rofl:

Kept the crowd down so that sure was nice :D

I guess that explains why we didn't have a monitor there for the EJS run on Thursday.:rolleyes:

Spidey

So Friday on Pritchett I witnessed more beer than a super bowl frat party and several individuals smoking weed in the open with no hesitation. Ridiculous.
Not to mention idiot parents attempting to wheel with a kid whose car seat was loose and rotated so far forward that the baby was inverted.
While I thought things were improving, my faith has been shaken, I am not proud to say to the general, stereotyping public that I am a wheeler. For I am misrepresented by so many of the less responsible brethren of our sport.
It is only a matter of time before one of our favorite trails gets closed due to a death by negligent behavior.
Sorry to be such a downer, but drinking needs to be saved for the after party.

And MFFW yes the top fence needs to be extended up the trail, people were using the top area for a turn around, if you guys ever do a friday trail work day, I would love to donate my time and effort. thanks for all that you do.

Last edited:

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
If the fence at the top of Chewy is extended than it will need a new winch anchor. The one there now doesn't do any good unless you are on the far right line.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Thanks everyone for the comments on the fence at Chewy. I agree that the fence needs to be extended. Also, there are already two winch anchors. One is about halfway along the upper fence, and allows rigs to winch pretty much straight up the lower section. Then the top anchor can be used for the remainder of the hill.

Spidey, I agree that irresponsible idiots on the trail are an embarrasement to the rest of us. Unfortunately, it seems that EJS often brings out way too many of the wrong crowd. I am sure that there are many here that won't agree with me, but I would personally love to see RR4W have official runs on Pritchett every day of EJS, and close it to everyone else for the entire week. Some people wouldn't like it, but sooner or later someone is going to ruin for everyone, and then the trail will be closed not only to the non-RR4W folks during EJS, but to everyone, always.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If the fence at the top of Chewy is extended than it will need a new winch anchor. The one there now doesn't do any good unless you are on the far right line.

I think they mean extend it back, not any further across.

And I agree. I possible, I'd love to come down and help out with trail maintenance on Pritchett.

lineforeman99

Closing Pritchett

Thanks everyone for the comments on the fence at Chewy. I agree that the fence needs to be extended. Also, there are already two winch anchors. One is about halfway along the upper fence, and allows rigs to winch pretty much straight up the lower section. Then the top anchor can be used for the remainder of the hill.

Spidey, I agree that irresponsible idiots on the trail are an embarrasement to the rest of us. Unfortunately, it seems that EJS often brings out way too many of the wrong crowd. I am sure that there are many here that won't agree with me, but I would personally love to see RR4W have official runs on Pritchett every day of EJS, and close it to everyone else for the entire week. Some people wouldn't like it, but sooner or later someone is going to ruin for everyone, and then the trail will be closed not only to the non-RR4W folks during EJS, but to everyone, always.

I agree with control over EJS. This trail will be here 51 other weeks a year. I would hate to see it closed down for good. I really enjoy running it. I have not problem closing it for the Safari. There are hundreds of responsible wheelers that would love to be able to run Pritchett during EJS and not have to worry about dealing with intoxicated or careless drivers. With the sign-up the way it is Pritchett would fill up every day of the week.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver

Gotcha, I just didn't remember seeing a winch point straight up the hill last time I was on the trail in October.

Robert T

Skull Designs Euros
Not to get off the subject of Pritchett, but I was amazed how many people were at potato salad on the first weekend, it seemed that all the "white trash" was there from every state, people too drunk to walk trying psh, people also smoking pot out in the open, and the fowl mouths. We ran over there because my little brother called and said it was crazy at psh, when we got there, we walked to the hill and the group of people, mostly girls, in front of us were dropping f bombs every other word. With kids, i didn't want to stick around for to long, i think we were there for 10 min and got sick of what this sport and hobby has come to, 10-15 years ago, from what I can remember there was some class in people and there rigs, now it seems everyone has to show up in Moab for easter, even if they dont have a rig, and make it no fun.
I do think the police have a hard time and do a great job, but I think they need to get more stricked with the drinking, like be a psh and have a bus to load everyone into that cant pass a breathalizer, show people that they can have fun, but not on the trails, it seems there are always roll overs and more damage to the trails from people who are in groups on the own, drinking out of controll and just not giving a damn about anything or anyone.
Moab has become my kids' favorite place to go, over the years and it has gotten to the point that its no fun anymore, I have seen a change in the last 17 years and trufully I can see that if it keeps growing at the rate this sport is, Moab at easter is not going to be for the family fun for long.

Last edited:

lineforeman99

I agree that the drinking is not condusive to what we do. I would be careful in the use of the term "white trash". That is pretty judgemental. All we can do is lead by example. I really enjoy going to Moab on family trips also. I avoid the big crowds when I am on a family trip.

x2. I go to Moab several times a year, but stopped going to EJS for those very reasons. I can take the crowds and enjoy most of the people and all of the machines. I just don't care to deal with all the offensive behavior and certainly don't want my young kids around it.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Robert - Many of us make it a point to avoid PSH during that time because of the spring breakers & nonsense. It's also the biggest reason we head up the PSH cleanup every year to clean up after all the idiots who can't clean up after themselves. Even though most of them are not directly involved in 4 wheeling, we still get the bad rap from them.

I miss the days when you could sit at PSH, relax and watch some good carnage & action without the frat party & trash.

toyota crawlin

Robert - Many of us make it a point to avoid PSH during that time because of the spring breakers & nonsense. It's also the biggest reason we head up the PSH cleanup every year to clean up after all the idiots who can't clean up after themselves. Even though most of them are not directly involved in 4 wheeling, we still get the bad rap from them.

I miss the days when you could sit at PSH, relax and watch some good carnage & action without the frat party & trash.

Yeah that was the best we didn't even go down there... Not worth the problems.. ;)

ID Bronco

x2. I go to Moab several times a year, but stopped going to EJS for those very reasons. I can take the crowds and enjoy most of the people and all of the machines. I just don't care to deal with all the offensive behavior and certainly don't want my young kids around it.

X2 I am not better than anyone else, but there should be some respect for others around and some sort of decorum. There are a lot of activities and places I avoid with my family. Unfortunately Easter Safari is one of them. I love Moab the other times of the year. (I have never went to the Safari because of the stories like this one)