Project car; 1973 Camaro Z28 clone

LT.

Well, there is more to it but I don't like to get into too much detail, but the part I'm lacking is the funds. I had a job change around the start of the year (still with UP) and there was supposed to be a significant pay increase... but it's not really panning out like it should have. Much of my logic for buying the car was that I could finally afford to build what I want, but that doesn't seem to be the case. A car like this is going to be a money pit and if I don't have the funds to do it right, why bother? I haven't made any decisions about what to do with the car yet, but money plays a big part in the project unfortunately.

I am very sorry to hear that. I thought it was more basic than that. my apologizes. I hope everything works out for the best one way or another.

LT.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Bummer, I was really looking forward to see how this one turned out. I get it though, car resto is no joke money-wise, and there's no sense of doing things half assed.

D

Deleted member 12904

So I have been thinking my next project is going to be a fox body mustang but I gotta ask what's it going to take money wise to buy this?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Bummer, I was really looking forward to see how this one turned out. I get it though, car resto is no joke money-wise, and there's no sense of doing things half assed.

You & me both Cory, I've been pretty stoked about building this thing but without the funds and me having too many irons in the fire, I'll let someone else have a chance at it.

Now I can't mention you in Camaro threads anymore ha jk. Good to see your eBay feedback is 100%

I still like early '70's Camaros... ;)

Sweet now we can have an RME FJ80 build!

Yeah, letting this go will open up room for something else!

Sorry for your loss Greg, it's never fun to walk away from a project.

Thanks Scott... I should have just hung on to that '71 SS I had back in the day!

So I have been thinking my next project is going to be a fox body mustang but I gotta ask what's it going to take money wise to buy this?

Well... I paid $2400 and have the reserve set at $2000, I'm hoping to get more than the reserve and close to what I paid.

blznnp

sorry to hear Greg, but you got to do whats needed. wish I had the space and free money, would love to pick this up for a future project.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
sorry to hear Greg, but you got to do whats needed. wish I had the space and free money, would love to pick this up for a future project.

Thanks Bret, I wish I could hang on to it but it's just not in the cards. I'd still like to see your car one of these days!

blznnp

Thanks Bret, I wish I could hang on to it but it's just not in the cards. I'd still like to see your car one of these days!

just cause you said your selling the camaro didn't make me think to not show you my car. Any time your near the Herriman area feel free to let me know, be happy to take you for a ride in it.