Land Rover Project: Sexy Back: Love is in the Eye of the beholder.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
It's what came in the motor. And in haven't bothered trying to find any serpentine stuff off a 6.5. It's cold out. I'm to lazy to freeze in a junkyard right now.

Luckily all the parts I have can easily be converted to serpentine should I have issues.

But I've never had major issues with v-belts. I've had them on lots of land rovers. They aren't an issue usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Had to relocate the heater lines. I didn't want rubber hose all over the engine bay. So I don't know. It'll work for now.

Just finished soldering all the pipe joints. This is it. Looks kind of funny. Need to do a build some brackets to hold it in place. Getting closer.

0ff1f35640102a705012b9ac119c25fe.jpg

4d4859d5a8757337a102a588e50db23f.jpg

0e2ba4d81f615a6896d88864243d2432.jpg

mombobuggy

The copper lines are neat we used to run them on sand cars because they chromed up so well. You should consider splicing in one of those 110 convection coolant heaters into the lower one for quick defrosting on cold mornings.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I finally got the thing running good. It idles and it revs. Now I know it runs. I'll finish it up.

I had an air leak in my fuel line. I finally found it and fixed it. I also am using a really good fuel pump that can suck out of the tank, and I'm using a fuel pressure regulator to keep the injection pump happy with 6 psi of fuel.

Now I just need to finish everything.