Land Rover Project: Sexy Back: Love is in the Eye of the beholder.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I got a lot done today.

I started with driveshafts. I combined parts of Chevy and Range Rover. I was amazed that all the parts slid into each other. It was really easy to fabricate the rear. The front took more time. I didn't take picture of the process. I never do anymore.

After the paint dries for a few days I'll install them.

b3af1758f9d540745d5eb480aa21b00c.jpg

Then my hose kit showed up. I've been trying to figure out a good solution for months. I finally stumbled across this. And it works great.

The top was easy. Bottom took more work.

b4567fb6084f46f703b2b34a293c2f05.jpg

026d34ab2e83e443732b0af151e72a54.jpg

Bart

Looks great and it's good to see it getting so close. I'll bet you're excited to get it on the road. I hope those fans work out without a shroud.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
They are being used as pusher fans. So hopefully they will work alright. Luckily the radiator is huge and diesels run cooler than gas motors.

I'm just waiting for my thermostatically controlled fan controllers to show up today. Then I can get those fans wired up.

The transmission cooler lines should be here in next week. Then all I have left to plumb is the heater core. But that might be by-passed until next winter anyway. I broke one of the pipes going to the heater core when I installed the motor. And if you have ever taken out a Range Rover dash, you'll know its a pain in the arse and takes about 3 days to do it right.

Looks great and it's good to see it getting so close. I'll bet you're excited to get it on the road. I hope those fans work out without a shroud.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to get the driveshafts balanced. anyone know anyone North of Salt Lake that does that kind of work?

Ashcat

What are thoughts about the copper coolant lines in regards to vibration compromising the solder joints?

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I know another guy who has done it before on a diesel. His have been on his motor for about 5 years without any issues.

If it doesn't work. I'll buy stainless steel tubing and bend it to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
My transmission lines have been fit and installed.

I'll be securing them to the frame with some rubber clamps to the frame. But I need to shorten up my battery cables for the winch and clean some stuff up on the passenger-side of the engine bay.

694e81d2f8c8d921c34caff6fd85f7aa.jpg

c86f1df649b795c59e886f787f2c2098.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Things are coming to a head.

I have wired the fans for he radiator.

Changed the tranmission filter and filled it.

Filled the engine and radiator with water. Found a leak, sealed the leak, filled with more water.

Revamped the fuel filter location.

Just need to do the following:

Fill the transfer case. Then install the rear shaft.

Make some transmission and transfer case shift linkages.

Get some new batteries

Get the accessory belts and install

RogueJeepr

Here!
That happened to me yesterday , so I took my ill project to work today and welded it there. [emoji1]

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk