Protect Wild Utah

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
The comment was said that if the person was asked about their U4 sticker they would respond the same way she did. That is the most F'ed comment I've read on here in a while. If that is your opinion please remove it from your vehicle. If anyone pulled up next to me and asked me about U4 I would more than willingly pull over and offer them answer's to any of their questions!!

You would pull over. That is the point, you would have more than a few seconds to talk about it, not get into a debate with a stranger at a red light. Perhaps I shouldn't have said it the way I did, but really, in a driving situation where your attention is on traffic, and the red light, some stranger comes along and turns their music down and trys to get in a debate, I would be put on the defensive, and wouldn't really want to talk in THAT PATICULAR SITUATION.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Here is where
We've all seen these stickers, on just about any vehicle imaginable cruising around town.

I was driving home from work yesterday when i pulled up behind a Honda Accord with a slighty torn PWU sticker on the back window. I positioned myself next to said Honda, and out of nowhere i turned down my music, got the attention of the driver, and asked, "Protect Wild Utah, do you know what the means?"
Driver: "What?"
Me: "Your sticker, do you know what it means?"
Driver: "Do you?"
Me: "Do YOU know what it means?"
Driver: "Are you really getting into a political debate at a red light?"
Me: <PAUSE TO THINK> "Yeah... I am. So what does it mean?"

Driver: "F*^$ you@"

Last edited:

ALF

SURE!?
You would pull over. That is the point, you would have more than a few seconds to talk about it, not get into a debate with a stranger at a red light. Perhaps I shouldn't have said it the way I did, but really, in a driving situation where your attention is on traffic, and the red light, some stranger comes along and turns their music down and trys to get in a debate, I would be put on the defensive, and wouldn't really want to talk in THAT PATICULAR SITUATION.

Point taken I understand your comment now.

Thank You

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Driver: "Are you really getting into a political debate at a red light?"
Me: <PAUSE TO THINK> "Yeah... I am. So what does it mean?"

Driver: "F*^$ you@"

[\QUOTE]

well, i only said that cause obviosly that's where she wanted to take it.

Body language and the way her and her friend were acting are things i cannot convey over these internet windows. I was there, i know what i said, and how i said it.

I think you're argueing something you don't know much about, as you weren't there.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Body language and the way her and her friend were acting are things i cannot convey over these internet windows. I was there, i know what i said, and how i said it.

Very true, and I was done with this yesterday, but got called out on what I said to clarify (as I should have been thank you ALF)

allterrain

AllTerrain
Several years ago I tried to give SUWA some free publicity.
I was working on a motorized trail system with some dirt bikers and atv'rs at the top of AF Canyon that went back and forth between Utah and Wasatch counties above Cascade Springs.
The FS wanted to name it and asked for suggestions to be sent to the FS office in PG. I proposed (in writing) the Scenic Utah Wasatch Access Trail. I never heard back though...