Protests

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Fighting fire with fire is exactly how wild fires are often fought. Place a controlled fire where you want to prevent the other fire from passing.
Metaphors are lost on the youth of today. Sigh...

So is the lunatic mass shooter, but that doesn't stop me from being blamed every time it happens.
And more important, so is the bad police officer.. but ACAB's, right?
Not sure where you are going here. Black Lives Matter should be blamed for the violence. And since these riots will likely go down in history as the "Back Lives Matter Riots", they will get the blame. No one is telling you not to blame them.

This sounds great, and I will CONTINUE to do it, as I have for many years. But we ALSO need a short term solution.
Sadly the long term solution and the short term solution are likely the same. In the cities that are most afflicted by this, its citizens need to recognize that the only way to make this stop is to hold their elected officials accountable. I feel for the citizens of these cities, but they put these morons in office and in the case of Portland and Seattle, have tolerated groups like antifa for years without demanding their representatives do something. Notice, this stuff is only happening in places where the local governments don't tell law enforcement to take a stand. And until their populations choose to make a change, there is not a whole lot you and I can do sitting on the outside.
If it becomes all too apparent that the local government cannot handle the situation, then the Feds need to go in. I think that really is the case in Portland, but sadly I think both sides are playing this to their advantage until the election.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
"The loonaticts at these events are trying to get people to shoot them. That is irrational and terrifying behavior to me."
[/QUOTE]

You are onto something that has been bothering me. I suspect that the protesters are trying to incite people into a shooting war in order to force the federal government to sieze all privately owned firearms, which is at the top of the democratic party's wish list.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
"The loonaticts at these events are trying to get people to shoot them. That is irrational and terrifying behavior to me."

You are onto something that has been bothering me. I suspect that the protesters are trying to incite people into a shooting war in order to force the federal government to sieze all privately owned firearms, which is at the top of the democratic party's wish list.
[/QUOTE]
If that was their plan it backfired big time. the rona and the riots have sparked many new gun owners. Good luck getting the 20 million guns bought since Obama took office, let alone the 300 million that were in circulation before.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Forfeit your right to live? Even Hammurabi would think that is pretty gnarly. If they steal something does that mean the forfeit their right to own anything of their own? I got attacked once by some ding-dong that thought I cut him off in the McDonald's drive through. I guess I should have just shot him on the spot. No right to live.

Do you think, or do you want, to be the person that dole's out that punishment?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Forfeit your right to live? Even Hammurabi would think that is pretty gnarly. If they steal something does that mean the forfeit their right to own anything of their own? I got attacked once by some ding-dong that thought I cut him off in the McDonald's drive through. I guess I should have just shot him on the spot. No right to live.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner

I don't think you watched the clip. Lost the right to live doe not mean should be killed. Simply the RIGHT to live is gone. If you are endangering others, your right to life is void. you are on your own.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I don't think you watched the clip. Lost the right to live doe not mean should be killed. Simply the RIGHT to live is gone. If you are endangering others, your right to life is void. you are on your own.

Staying with the theme of wanting to "save the country", one should know the laws of said country. A good place to start is something called "The Bill of Rights":
Amendment V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Anyone who willfully causes harm to another is scum; but they should still be afforded full rights under the law. If you don't feel that way, then you've sunk to the level of the rioters.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I don't think you are getting the point Stephen.. If you attack me, and try to take away my right of life, you have also given away your right to life. I have rights to defend myself, and my property. You cannot jeopardize my rights while keeping yours.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Anyone who willfully causes harm to another is scum; but they should still be afforded full rights under the law. If you don't feel that way, then you've sunk to the level of the rioters.

I'm not sure that's the correct message. Anyone who willfully causes harm to another will end up in prison. Inmates, thankfully, are not afforded full rights as you and I enjoy.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I got attacked once by some ding-dong that thought I cut him off in the McDonald's drive through. I guess I should have just shot him on the spot.

Only if your life was imminently in danger. I'm guessing he just wanted to throw fists so, no... probably not.

You have a right to defend your own life. I don't understand why this is difficult concept.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I don't think you are getting the point Stephen.. If you attack me, and try to take away my right of life, you have also given away your right to life. I have rights to defend myself, and my property. You cannot jeopardize my rights while keeping yours.
The Hugh Hefner cosplayer in your video said this:
"If you loot, you riot, you break it, you forfeit your right to live... You break a window in a business, you forfeit your right to live... You light a fire underneath a car, you forfeit your right to live..."

Yes, he also said that if someone attacks your person or invades your home, that's different; but the above do NOT give you the right to decide if someone gets to live or die.

I'm not sure that's the correct message. Anyone who willfully causes harm to another will end up in prison.
Not necessarily, that's why we have courts. Everyone is afforded justice before the law. Again, this is why we as citizens need to be involved in the process. If you vote for the right people and pay attention to the goings on in your city/county/state and voice your opinion in the proper ways, then the "right" outcomes will happen. If you don't, well, California happens.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Only if your life was imminently in danger. I'm guessing he just wanted to throw fists so, no... probably not.

You have a right to defend your own life. I don't understand why this is difficult concept.
But some people feel they are in "imminent danger" in different situations. When that dude punched me through my window and tried to pull me out of my car, I fealt threatened, but would I have pulled a concealed carry on him? Lol, **** no. I've been around enough shit to know that guy wasn't going to do anything. I bet a lot of people here would have though and maybe they think they can decide it was time to forfeit his life. Maybe it comes down to how/where you grew up? My neighborhood wasn't exactly white or well-to-do, so I saw lots of shit.