Providence Canyon Writeup & photos

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Greetings,
I met up with a couple of members of the Park City Packrats on saturday the 27th for a run up Providence Canyon. We met in town, then headed up to the canyon. Just before we rode out from our meeting place, a couple of other guys with Sammis drove up. They spoke to the 'leader' of our group, and we headed up the canyon.

We got to a nice parking spot, and began to air down. I parked next to one of the sammis, and introduced myself. Wouldn't you know it, it was Spencurai!. I'm terrible with names, and I forgot the name of the other sammi driver, but he was gettin' after it on the trail!!

We played around in the quarry for a while, and got some great photos. Since I'm not sure how to do multiple photos, I'll have to make several replies to this very message.

I tried to make it through what my friends were calling butt crack, but to no avail, I had to back off and go around the big rocks that were holding me up.

Overall, the trail is a lot of fun. A few really technical spots in the lower part, then a great rock garden on the way up, and finally, an incredible view from the peak.

We lost touch with Spencurai, the Red Sammi, and a bronco that joined them, but met back up with them at the top. My two friends in Broncos and I camped out at an awesome overlook then headed down on sunday morning.

Played a bit more in the quarry, then drove up a steep switchbacking trail to come back on the main trail above the rock garden.

I had a great time, and did no major damage to my ride. Just a few scratches on my rocker guards and my bumpers.

jd

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ok here goes....
bsbuttcrack1.jpg

bsbuttcrack2.jpg

bsbuttcrack3.jpg

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
grouponloganpeak.jpg

spencuraiquarry1.jpg

spencuraiquarry2.jpg

spencuraiquarry3.jpg

i look like i am gonna puke in a couple of those pics but anyway!! you guys missed out. this is a well kept secret among my crowd so we need to get more people up there. it is a pretty stout trail that requires effort to get through most of it. it is not your typical dirt road experience like i was expecting. the quarry is wherre the stone was harvested for the Logan LDS temple if you were wondering. it is some fun stuff to wheel on becuase there are so many loose rocks limiting traction in places. the short wheelbase vehicles did well. those that came unprepared payed the price with breakage but even so, fun was had by all!! we ended up going down the millville side and were treated to some beautiful scenery and a couple stream crossings to cool down with!! this is a great trail and you can make it as hard as you want. lets get back up there soon!!

WJL

That looks great, wish I did not have to work on Sat.
Looks as if there was a big turn out Spence, were you and Chad to only ones to go up there or were there others from the Outlaws?

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Thanks to Spence for getting the photos posted!!!!! :D

That vehicle is a full size bronco. My friend Tony has completely customized it.
One of the coolest things about that bronco is the two child carrier seats mounted in the cab. He has two young boys. One is about 8 or 9 months, the other is somewhere around 2 years old. They love cruising the trails with their dad and mom.

I have sent the remaining photos from the trip to spence, maybe he can post a few more closeups of that bronco and my other buddy Brandon.

I'll try to post one of them with this message, but based on my luck posting photos earlier, I'm not sure it will show up. If it doesn't, maybe someone can clue me in on what I'm doing wrong.

jd

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
that bronco of tony's is tough!! he put that OX-locker through the wringer in those photos. total product testing. he went up and down one spot and just kept bashing the thing. it was amazing to watch. we did talk with one of the locals in that big CJ in the photo above. he said the forrest service is considering making the quarry a 4wd park. that would be an awesome step forward in preserving our right to GET IT AWN!!! here are some better pics of quarry action...
tonyquarry1.jpg

tonyquarry2.jpg

tonyquarry3.jpg

MattL

just wondering if you have any more pics of that red cj or of that grey xj.

Just curious. Looks like a whole lot of fun. What was the final elevation of the peak?

How long did it actually take to run the trail?

much traffic?