Ram Rebel?

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
Those ecodiesel engines are nice, but it looks like they are not even an option in the Rebel? I wouldn't get a Rebel based on those awful tread embossed seats alone, but then again I just switched from a 3/4 ton Ram to an F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost.
I switched from a 2014 Ram 2500 cummins to the 2015 F150 3.5 ecoboost last spring and love it. The back seat is huge. It rides great and it's a blast to drive. It has a rear locker and a real shifter unlike the dumb dodge dash knob.

DAA

I think in a few years we'll all be ok with the dash knob. I was wary of the twist tcase shifter on my f250. 150,000 miles later, it's a non issue.

To have a "real shifter" on an electronically controlled transmission would be the equivalent of having a 10" long T handled light switch hanging on the wall. Just stupid, if you ask me. A non functional waste of space. The knob makes too much sense. It's a freakin' electric switch - why make it look like a prosthetic shifter?

- DAA

DAA

Should add... I've been driving a '13 Ram with the knob controlled 8 speed for about two and a half years now. It's not my daily driver though. My DD is an LX 470 with a big console shifter. Everytime I drive the truck for a weekend, when I get back in the Lexus on Monday morning I'm struck by what a gangly big chunk of wasted space that whole console shifter arrangement is. But, I've never like console shifters for the wasted space aspect, have always preferred a column shifter for an automatic.

But I'm a knob convert for sure, now.

- DAA

cackalak

Well, done deal. Picked up a new F150, crew cab, XLT, 2.7L turbo. Lariat looked nice, but I just couldn't justify spending $50k.

Back seat is cavernous, and the kids love it. This thing is a rocket, too, especially compared to my old Tacoma and Land cruiser. Hopefully, it will be trouble-free, as I venture into my first domestic pick up ownership.

Thanks to all the inputs.