Ramsey anyone???

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
stripeshirtman said:
:eek: :rofl:

I'll let Rockmonkey or I Lean take this one over but all i have to say is WOW!!!

????...........

They make great trailer winches...........I'd want a Warn name on something I was dangling in a vehicle from though.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
:eek: :eek: :rofl:

To be fair, there is some speculation that is was installation error, but I dunno... It sure was impressive! Basically, the Ramsey ended up in three big peices (motor, spool, and most of the housing), and hundreds of little peices. Oh, and a Warn equipped rig already at the top of the last climb on Upper Proving Grounds pulled up the Toyota framed buggie thing where the Ramsey had failed (spectacularly!). Hopefully Seth will order something from Warn to replace it.

So, from my perspective he was like half way up the climb, and all of the sudden there's a bit of a crunching sound, and the whole drum just pulls right out of the winch, and the rig rolls back to the bottom. A real jaw dropping kind of moment.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Was he on a straight pull? Marvin's broke because he had no fairlead and the cable wound all on one end. Broke it almost in half.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Hickey said:
Was he on a straight pull? Marvin's broke because he had no fairlead and the cable wound all on one end. Broke it almost in half.

Basically straight, no weird winding problems. From where I was standing (the top) it just went CRUNCH.

JeeperG

Which Ramsey was it? So your saying they make good boat anchors?

"As I run outside and Yank the P.O.S....I mean Ramsey off the Jeep"

JeeperG

suv

Booty-fab Instructor
Thank goodness Rhett was only about 5 feet off the bottom when it let go...that could have been ugly if he'd been farther up :eek: :eek:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
suv said:
Thank goodness Rhett was only about 5 feet off the bottom when it let go...that could have been ugly if he'd been farther up :eek: :eek:

yeah, that would be an ugly roll.... Chris Holley takes the cake for stylee roll overs :D .....

i would think it's nice to weed out the 'not so effective' equipment while playing around instead of competing in a comp.

JeeperG

64Trvlr said:
I had a factory Ramsey PTO on a Jeep years ago that was a good winch. All I own or will buy now is Warn, I've got 4 of them on various vehicles.[/QUO

My ramsey was free so I have it, but when I have the cash flow the Warn will most likely take its place.. I dunno the difference about running a PTO but the Ramsey is a P.O.S.

I have not yet heard about Warn problems at all....

JeeperG

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
RockMonkey said:
SAMI was the only one with the foresight to bring a camera. Sadly, it was involved in an unfortunate incident a few minutes earlier. :(

yeah, some striped shirt wearing dork dropped it on the 3rd obsticle.... :D ... now it just blinks, and something rattles around inside..... i could draw a picture of it if that will help... :)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Elder SAMI said:
yeah, some striped shirt wearing dork dropped it on the 3rd obsticle.... :D ... now it just blinks, and something rattles around inside..... i could draw a picture of it if that will help... :)
Go ahead and draw that picture. I just wanna see what you come up with. :D Oh, I mean, "I want to see your skills of an artist."

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
RockMonkey said:
Go ahead and draw that picture. I just wanna see what you come up with. :D Oh, I mean, "I want to see your skills of an artist."

don't toy with me, i'll do it!

James K

NO, I'm always like this
RockMonkey said:

owner of a sami and skills ...........do they really go in the same sentence :p