Random picture thread

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
You ever get yourself a new muscle car or hot rod?

I haven’t yet. Likely coming soon? I passed on an early third gen Z28 the other day. Was thinking LS swap into that. My wife wants me to get a first gen F-body. I’d like something a little older but the first gen would work for me (prefer a Pontiac). Just not excited about “value” on a $3-7k one of those.

I’ve entertained a V8 JK or JL but still think I’m ready for a car again. Flirted with a late model Mustang GT. Way fun car but not quite what I’m after. That swayed me that next car will be a manual trans though.

A model A type sedan would be fun. That’s ultimately where I’d like to end up but how drivable are those? Whatever I get, I’d like to be comfortable enough to spend a whole day driving in.

still looking and trying not to spend big $ on my Jeep and save $ for the future car

This car I parked next to at the Cruise-in haunts me. Fantastic car but I don’t want to throw that kind of cash at a car. 1618288678030.jpeg
Poncho motor with high tech on it. Port injected Butler performance Pontiac backed by a Tremec 6 speed :0

1618288766145.jpeg
I’m not much for the “show” part of the show even though it’s kind of fun. The “go” part is quite fun to me. I’ve entertained another G8 or late model GTO.
I about flew back to drive this GS home a year ago. Started asking questions since it was an Ohio car. Unfortunately it sounded like a LOT of rust repair. Love the car1618288949097.jpeg

A pile of G body could be fun also. Big block required. 1618289157234.jpeg
My dad isn’t getting any younger. He had a car VERY similar to this when I was a young-un.
1618289398841.jpeg
It’d be fun to just get him a ride in an old beast like that. Should probably happen this summer?

Last edited:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Levi’s mechanical rodeo show truck and trailer. Salisbury Homes guy had it behind his brew/pub Harley museum thing in Springville a few years back. Not sure of the plan or status. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• D63F3D6B-7AE5-46C8-B001-E7128BA6F398.jpeg
    D63F3D6B-7AE5-46C8-B001-E7128BA6F398.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 22
  • 4C448A05-93F1-423B-8615-8C253D646FCC.jpeg
    4C448A05-93F1-423B-8615-8C253D646FCC.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 22

DAA

My '61 Scout, at Starvation, would have been '82 or so.

scan100.jpg

- DAA

DAA

Any chance you held onto it?

No such luck. Sold it twice, actually. First guy got behind on his payments so I went to his work and repo'd it. Second guy was a rancher in Nevada, said he was going to use it to check his mail.

Have a lot of crazy memories with that old Scout though. The time it sank to the bottom of Strawberry, the time somebody shot at me driving down the street in my old neighborhood, the times I got laid in it, the broken axles, the time I flopped it, all kinds of fun stuff.

- DAA