Raptors must have cell phones

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
We went up yesterday to my friends ranch to try and fill a couple of late season cow elk tags. The boys got one and they hauled it back partway to the barn and gutted it. They then went to another spot to see if they could find another one. While they were gone I stuck around to make sure nothing munched on the one they got. While I was waiting I noticed ravens and eagles started to show up for a gut snack. I thought it was the same couple of birds chasing each other off the pile but I went up with the rancher later to feed his cows and when we got to where the pile was there was an explosion of birds flying away. I have never seen that many eagles in one place in my life. There were many bald eagles and some VERY large golden eagles along with too many to count ravens. My conclusion is that eagles must have cell phones to let their buddies know where to meet for lunch. My boys were worried abut leaving a gut pile but the birds cleaned it up completely.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
A bunch have stuck around up here this winter because of the excess vole population. Can’t go anywhere without seeing one flying off with a vole in its mouth.