RattleSnake/Constrictor 4-23

bretto

Willytime
Had fun....walked up Wayne's World so I think I got too confident and tried Eagles Nest and bust both front axles :-\ . Waynehartwig busted a spring and punctured a shock. There was also a YJ that busted his rear yoke. Mucho breako day it was.
Fun fun, :D
Brett

utahxjer

bretto said:
Had fun....walked up Wayne's World so I think I got too confident and tried Eagles Nest and bust both front axles :-\ . Waynehartwig busted a spring and punctured a shock. There was also a YJ that busted his rear yoke. Mucho breako day it was.
Fun fun, :D
Brett
DANG! You got up Contrictor with 31's?

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I would have liked to see your xj go up waynes world. We were out there a few hours before you testing out my sons 87 MJ that he has been building. He was able to do rattlesnake without any trouble and then we went up to waynes world and watched a group of Samurais try to go up. We had to leave to get him back for work before we could try any more of the trails. Does your xj have lockers ? The only Sami we saw make it up wayne's was one that had low gears, lockers, and a winch. The Sami drivers were a nice bunch of guys, they jumped right in and helped my brother fix his TJ on the ledge in rattle snake after he blew apart one of his swaybar links. It was a great day for wheeling !
Dave

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
It was definately an exciting day! 8 hours to do two easy trails - that sucks! :rofl: Out of what, 12 rigs? we had three break down. Both front axles on an XJ, slip yoke on a YJ and a coil spring and shock on a TJ. :eek: I'm ready to go again after I get the spring and shock fixed! I also figure that since I'm replacing them, I might as well go up another inch to 5.5".... :D

tc meiser

-customeiser-
sammy fun

nice meeting all you guys, your rigs were all pretty cool i was was running the samurai that was blue and had locker in the front with 31x10.5 it was a great day had 6 samurais out there and only one had troubles with the alternator... no biggy i tried waynes world and got up first part of it on my own and all the winches took off so had to back down but we winched 2 samurai all the way and 1 did it with a little pull with a spotter and he had opend diffs...... great job cody.

shmoesmith

utahxjer said:
DANG! You got up Contrictor with 31's?

all of the samurais made it up constrictor with no breakage and the largest was a 31" tire and the smallest was a p215/70/r15..good day of wheelin...infact one SPOA samurai with open diffs stock gearing and on 28" tires made it all the way up to the eagles next competely unassisted and didnt bypass a thing...sure smoked some tires and clutch though! Same guy that got up waynes world open.....Cody sure knows how to hammer down!

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Meat_Popsickle said:
Constrictor ends after the Eagles Nest ;)

:rofl:
I was just thinking the same thing... -_- Everything before that is nothing worse than Rattlesnake. :confused: The only two rigs that made it up eagles nest had to winch up, and those were the only two rigs that completed constrictor. But it was cool seeing a stock Samurai on constrictor with nothing more than some street radials! lol Bald ones at that!!! ;)

shmoesmith

waynehartwig said:
I was just thinking the same thing... -_- Everything before that is nothing worse than Rattlesnake. :confused: = But it was cool seeing a stock Samurai on constrictor with nothing more than some street radials! lol Bald ones at that!!! ;)

I personally think that everything after eagles nest was much easier than what was before eagles nest...but maybe thats due to the narrow width of a samurai and being able to squeeze between places that a wider rig wouldnt have been able to....I think if you made it to eagles nest(in a sammy anway, like I said, this might be a trackwidth issue though)you have by far done the hardest section of the trail..besdies, what "difficult" section there is after the eagles nest is not much more distance than the rockiest section of RS and no harder than the easy side of rattlesnake...gotta give those zuk drivers SOME credit. I know of alot of vehicles that were much better equiped than them that havent made it that far or have at least struggled. Guess it has alot to do with the driver though..not what you drive, but how you drive it.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
It's definately the driver more than the rig.... A kick butt rig can make a lowsy driver look pretty good. It's the only reason I make it places I do! :rolleyes:

addicted4x4

addiced 4x4
i was pretty proud of making it to the eagle nest in my LITTLE samy with the smallest tires and a locker in the front. have a winch but didnt want to ruin the rubicons ego.....it a jeep thing

embabe

My own epidemic!
DaveB said:
.. they jumped right in and helped my brother fix his TJ on the ledge in rattle snake after he blew apart one of his swaybar links. It was a great day for wheeling !
Dave

Knew I should have been there!! :( :rolleyes: Darn sorority junk.... at least we got the people eater "bumping" though... Anway, how on earth did Jim break his swaybar link? I thought I was the one in charge of breaking stuff... or at least damaging stuff with my sway bar... ;)

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
embabe said:
Knew I should have been there!! :( :rolleyes: Darn sorority junk.... at least we got the people eater "bumping" though... Anway, how on earth did Jim break his swaybar link? I thought I was the one in charge of breaking stuff... or at least damaging stuff with my sway bar... ;)

Em,
You missed a fun trip. Next time you have to come out with us and bag the sorority stuff. You still win the family prize for ruining stuff with your rear trackbar bracket but Jim messed up the front swaybar. He didn't put on front swaybar disconnects when he put the lift in his TJ. He was having trouble in the boulders of rattlesnake because he kept on lifting wheels up and losing traction. When he got to the ledge in rattle snake he tried to go up the middle of the ledge like Dave Jr did but when he tried we heard a big popping sound. He pulled the ball and socket apart on the right side factory swaybar link. Thats when the guys that were out there jumped in and helped undo the other side. After that he made it up the left side of the ledge on his first try. I'm sure he'll be buying disconnects real soon. I wish we could have stuck around longer to see the rest of the guys go up constrictor. When we left only the locked up sami had made it. My brother was very impressed with all of you guys who were out there Saturday. He was surprised that no one was upset at him for blocking the trail while we fixed the swaybar and for how helpfull everyone was. Now I just need to get my Scrambler done so I can go play.
Dave

Last edited:

jbuckmiller

Hey Guys,
I want to echo what Dave B (my brother) said. I'm the guy who broke his sway bar connect and I really was impressed with how helpful the zuk drivers were!
Thanks a ton for you help and patience!! Wished we could have hung with you guys a little longer but we had other commitments we had to get to!
Hope to see you guys on the trail again sometime!
Em you missed a fun one!

Last edited:

DevinB

I like traffic lights
There was a bypass on the Con? Saturday was my first time up there, man it was a blast! There was a big group of sami's at Wayne's World, sorry I don't know who belongs to what rig. I was in the ugly multi-colored YJ and my buddy was in the black TJ with a red cage. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.
Devin

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
addicted4x4 said:
i was pretty proud of making it to the eagle nest in my LITTLE samy with the smallest tires and a locker in the front. have a winch but didnt want to ruin the rubicons ego.....it a jeep thing

The Rubicon doesn't have an ego... Besides, I could have used someone walking along side of me to keep the spring in! :D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
DaveB said:
Em,
You missed a fun trip. Next time you have to come out with us and bag the sorority stuff. You still win the family prize for ruining stuff with your rear trackbar bracket but Jim messed up the front swaybar. He didn't put on front swaybar disconnects when he put the lift in his TJ. He was having trouble in the boulders of rattlesnake because he kept on lifting wheels up and losing traction. When he got to the ledge in rattle snake he tried to go up the middle of the ledge like Dave Jr did but when he tried we heard a big popping sound. He pulled the ball and socket apart on the right side factory swaybar link. Thats when the guys that were out there jumped in and helped undo the other side. After that he made it up the left side of the ledge on his first try. I'm sure he'll be buying disconnects real soon. I wish we could have stuck around longer to see the rest of the guys go up constrictor. When we left only the locked up sami had made it. My brother was very impressed with all of you guys who were out there Saturday. He was surprised that no one was upset at him for blocking the trail while we fixed the swaybar and for how helpfull everyone was. Now I just need to get my Scrambler done so I can go play.
Dave

Shoot, half the fun of wheelin' is fixing broken down rigs on the trail! Get mad cuz someone is causing the fun? Naw.... :D