Return of the Montero?

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
If they're bringing it back the way jeep brought the Cherokee back, no thanks. Otherwise, I'm all for Mitsubishi trying for a comeback in the US SUV market

Houndoc

I agree that it all depends on what they do with it. If it is a real SUV, then I will be excited. My MS has been fantastic, pushing 200K and not much in the way of repairs beyond water pump and starter.

Just no sissy thing the the Pathfinder has become!

spencevans

Overlander
They just plan to bring back the newly designed Montero that will be released in the global market in 2017. In 2001 Mitsubishi went to a monocoupe unibody design and 4wheel independent design. They were designed to go fast in the dirt and to be excellent expedition vehicles. If you are expecting a rock crawler you will be sorely disappointed. If you are expecting a expedition style vehicle that while soak up the washboard and take turns at high speeds you will be in love with the new Montero. Personally I have always been happy with my Mitsubishi vehicles. I hope this is a sign of good things to come for Mitsubishi. They make some excellent trucks and SUV's. This is not the final product but it was debuted at the 2013 Tokyo Auto show. The new Montero being displayed at the Chicago auto show on Feb 14th is likely to share many design cues with this vehicle. It also likely the vehicle being debuted at the Chicago auto show will be a production version of the new Montero and not just a prototype.

mitsubishi-concept-gcphev-front-three-quarter-view.jpg

Last edited: