Rhino Rough Terrain

JoeT

3:50 gears? After seeing their some of their vids, 4:56 would be better, IMO. I'm with Houndoc, their a little high. $25k-$27k?! :eek:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
they were around the uroc series this year.

Pretty capable vehicles, it seems like they are built in the vegas area. They seem pretty durable too, not many breaks. I think they have a two seater version out now. :D

would own one, no. There is no room for coolers/tools, etc. No transfer case therefore no highway driving ability... etc.

If you had 30K and wanted a turn key toy, it could be fun...

grinch

inner city redneck
Saw em compete with us in UROC last year. Got to drive one in the parking lot before an event. That said they do as good if not a little better than most stock type rigs. If it were me I would not pony up that kind of cash when you can spend that on a used buggy that does a lot better.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I think the drivetrain idea is cool, but the execution is poor. It would be cool to build something similar that didn't have the monster-truck inspired tubework.

And $25k+...? Not anywhere near worth it, IMO. :ugh: :-\

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
They had them in most of the major mags and I saw a clip[ on extreme 4x4 tv on them. They used a honda engine and trans axle to power them and ford 9 inch axles. Seem to do ok. Was able to crawl up the wall of a building.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Kinda ugly IMO, and they work only fair for a $25K expenditure. They certainly do take a beating though--almost unbelievable the amount of abuse they can absorb without something failing.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I Lean said:
Kinda ugly IMO, and they work only fair for a $25K expenditure. They certainly do take a beating though--almost unbelievable the amount of abuse they can absorb without something failing.
Those guys break more stuff than you realize, I think. They carry a TON of spare parts, and have enough people with them that they get them back together quick. I've seen them break quite a bit though. For $25k or less you could buy your self one helluva used comp rig. For $10k you can build a helluva new comp or trail rig. Either way they will be much more capable than the Rhino buggies. Those guys are great are marketing their product, though.

willies45

willies45
Thanks for the input. Most of what you have said is what I was thinking. I have a chance for one for far less than full value but not sure it is worth the cost or it would be better to build something on my own with that money.

JoeT

RockMonkey said:
Those guys break more stuff than you realize, I think. They carry a TON of spare parts, and have enough people with them that they get them back together quick. I've seen them break quite a bit though. For $25k or less you could buy your self one helluva used comp rig. For $10k you can build a helluva new comp or trail rig. Either way they will be much more capable than the Rhino buggies. Those guys are great are marketing their product, though.
Yup their applying the FRAM filter/Skycracker marketing approach. Translation = cram your crappy product in the public's face enough and long enough and they'll buy it. :eek: IMO.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
RockMonkey said:

OK, there goes the one thing I could find good to say about 'em. :(

willies45

willies45
My wife just told me no about this because -now this is her reason - "All I would do is ***** and complain because I would not have built this way and probably spend more time in the garage trying to rebuild it,than if I just built my own." Guess little woman is getting to figure me out after all.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
willies45 said:
My wife just told me no about this because -now this is her reason - "All I would do is ***** and complain because I would not have built this way and probably spend more time in the garage trying to rebuild it,than if I just built my own." Guess little woman is getting to figure me out after all.
Sounds like you got the goahead to build one. :greg: