RIP Russ Fullmer (Desert Dino)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My dad worked side by side with Russ for the last year or two or whatever. My dad and his co-worker were there giving Russ CPR till the ambulance showed up. It has been a huge blow to my dad having his friend pass away. My dad had a lot of great things to say about Russ and the kind of person he was. Russ's wife told my dad that that was what they were planning as far as funeral arrangements. i dont think it was set in stone but that is what they were leaning towards.

That'd be tough, having someone go down like that. I think anyone that's spent any amount of time with Russ realizes what a caring, giving, fun person he is. I was with him when he tweaked his knee. I can't imagine what it'd be like to be with him under those circumstances. Tough, I'm sure.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Very sad day. Many of us have lost a great friend, but the community has lost a great advocate as well.
Russ is one of those guys you want to be like. A lost breed for sure. A genuine good guy who would help anyone one out.

Well said!

I didn't know Russ as well as I wish I did, the couple times we met there were either parts changing hands or we were working on vehicles at his business. He was a very good person and will be missed greatly by the world. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

jesse

Masshole
From the one time I met Russ he seemed like a great guy, wish I could've had a chance to go wheeling with him :-\ Condolences to his family and everyone who knew him.

Tammy Silver

Russ Fullmer

Thank you for all of your messages about Russ Fullmer. He is my brother-in-law and a truely great man. Your messages were very right about how he was always willing to help anyone at anytime. He gave of himself and his time for free and didn't expect anything for it.

His wife now faces the most challenging time of her life without him. He took very good care of her for a lifetime and now she has to figure out how to go on without him, mentally and financially. Unfortunately, there isn't much money in the bank to pay for his funeral, let alone upcoming expenses like house payments and groceries, etc... Any support, that you the community of 4x4r's could give at this time would be greatly appreciated and mostly needed. If your club could get a donation together and present it to her at the funeral or the viewing it would be of great help to her and their kids and grandchildren. He was a fantastic grandpa and father too.

The funeral will be on Tuesday, July 22nd at 11:00 a.m. and the viewing will be the night before, which is Monday, July 21st at 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. It will be held at The Deseret Funeral Home on 700 South and 36 East.

He loved four wheeling, jeeps, the outdoors and all of you guys very much! Thank you for your kind words and all of your support and for being his friend.

Tammy Silver

Russ Fullmer

Thank you for all of your messages about Russ Fullmer. He is my brother-in-law and a truely great man. Your messages were very right about how he was always willing to help anyone at anytime. He gave of himself and his time for free and didn't expect anything for it.

His wife now faces the most challenging time of her life without him. He took very good care of her for a lifetime and now she has to figure out how to go on without him, mentally and financially. Unfortunately, there isn't much money in the bank to pay for his funeral, let alone upcoming expenses like house payments and groceries, etc... Any support, that you the community of 4x4r's could give at this time would be greatly appreciated and mostly needed. If your club could get a donation together and present it to her at the funeral or the viewing it would be of great help to her and their kids and grandchildren. He was a fantastic grandpa and father too.

The funeral will be on Tuesday, July 22nd at 11:00 a.m. and the viewing will be the night before, which is Monday, July 21st at 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. It will be held at The Deseret Funeral Home on 700 South and 36 East.

He loved four wheeling, jeeps, the outdoors and all of you guys very much! Thank you for your kind words and all of your support and for being his friend.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Russ was awesome. It's really a huge loss for the whole community. Is there an account (paypal?) set up somewhere that people can donate if they can not make it to the funeral?

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
We have one set up.

Paypal (marc.bryson@att.net)

Russ was one of the Best Friends I have here Utah, I first met him many years ago when I first Started with the U4WDA when I was in the Army. We did Rodeo events together and he pulled me out one time when I had my Ramchager Way deep in the mud. We would work together to keep U4WDA going forward.

Sometimes when I worked in SLC and I found myself by his shop at lunch I weould bring lunch for us over there and we would shoot the bull about Desert Racing, guns, and just what ever.

He had a touch on equipment like every few have. I would bring my stuff from Roy to SLC because I knew he was that good.

We did several project for people and for the U4WDA at the shop and he was always leading the charge.

He loved his guns and loved to shoot them.

I have talked to Cheryl and his son Chris several times over the last few days and she will need the support of the 4x4 community, so if there is anything you can do to help this family at this please do so.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'd LOVE for the community to hand her a BIG chunk of cash! We're well on our way. Send what you can afford. Whether you knew Russ or not, he helped you and the sport. GREAT person.

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
Russell Paul Fullmer 1956 ~ 2008
Russell Paul Fullmer, age 51, died on July 16, 2008 in Bountiful, Utah. He was born on November 27, 1956, in Salt Lake City, Utah, to Amos L. and Frances M. Fullmer. He married Cheryl Ann Silver on November 25th, 1977. Russ was an avid off-roader, and was active in the Utah 4WD Assn. and the Desert Trackers Off Road Club. He loved the outdoors, whether fishing, hunting, shooting rifles, pistols, shooting clay pigeons, or going 100 miles an hour through the desert in a race Jeep. He worked at Amos Rents Inc. until the business closed in 2007, when he was hired by Hogan & Assoc. Construction. There was nothing mechanical Russ couldn't fix or fabricate. He was especially proud of his family, Cheryl, Pauli, Chris, Amy, and his six grandkids, Tyler, Samantha, Kolby, Clay, Justin, and Joshua. He was a loving son, brother, husband, father, and grandpa. Russ was always ready to help someone, be it his family, a friend, or a stranger. Russ loved dogs, and dogs loved him, especially three special Labs, Otis, Pete, and Charley. The family wants to thank Hogan Associates and Lakeview hospital for their help during this difficult time. He is survived by his mother, Frances M. Fullmer, brothers, David A., and Dan W. Fullmer, sister, Marge M. Weiss, wife, Cheryl A. Fullmer, daughters, Pauli Romine, and Amy A. Fullmer, son, Chris W. Fullmer, and six beautiful grand-children. He was preceded in death by his father, Amos L. Fullmer. Viewing, Monday, July 21st, 6-8 p.m. and Tues., July 22nd, from 9:45 -10:45 a.m. at Deseret Funeral Home, 36 E. 700 S., Salt Lake City, Utah, followed by funeral services at 11 a.m. Interment and graveside services at Lakeview Memorial Cemetery 1640 Lakeview Dr., Bountiful, Utah at 12 noon.

Last edited:

Nixter

on the road again...
Thoughts and prayers to your family Russ. Seems like only yesterday I would make several visits into Amos to rent whatever I could get my hands on, or just talk off-road racing. You said something to me that I'll never forget, " Since I only do business with my friends, I still have to charge you, or I'll never make money " ;)

The community lost a great person. I'm certain Russ will still be doing his part to keep those 4x4 trails in the sky open....

RIP good friend.

Nick

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
just sent some funds... So make sure you check it again Marc/Sarge...

I have avoided funerals for about 10 years ever since my grandma passed... I wasn't even all that close to Russ, not nearly as close as alot here were... But i felt obligated to show up and pay some respect to such a respected and great man. His outbursts in the U4 board meetings will be missed :)

It was nice to talk to Cheryl, she expressed her gratitude for the messages and support from the 4x4 community.

I love this:
I'm certain Russ will still be doing his part to keep those 4x4 trails in the sky open....

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
His family and freinds did an excellent job honoring Russ and his love for Jeeps, shooting and family! Sad to think he won't be around anymore, he was always good for a laugh, an "against" vote even for the sanest of plans ;), and complaining about salad on a pewter dish... always made me laugh. Surely there is a place for him in heaven where he can still vote no all the time!

BLH

That is sad

I haven't been in long time various reasons. I friend was on here and told me about it. That was really also sad day for U4WDA

A lot people didn't know his Involvement:-( , I actually didn't either until I burn my bridges by speaking up and not fitting in and deciding to go my own way. We had couple got talks about JeepSlc List and stuff. Also give me some good info for my friend that desert races and setup on his truck and stuff.