Central Utah RME Fall Colors Tour - Sept 22-24th

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So every year we've done a Fall Colors Tour that has been just my wife and I. I think it's time to make an RME Fall Colors Tour in Utah, where all members are invited! I'm thinking early to mid-October... exact location TBD. Hopefully we can put together a 3 day weekend (Fri, Sat & Sunday) trip somewhere in the mountains, that would offer amazing Fall colors. I would suggest camping along the way. I would expect mild dirt road driving, nothing too challenging... just fun, scenic roads.

I was thinking somewhere around Strawberry Res and perhaps over to Skyline Drive? Any other suggestions on the location?

Who would be interested in something like this?

DaveN

Yes! For a long weekend I think a bit further away would be fun, some place like Dixie or Fishlake NF, but I've never been to either so I'm not sure if those are prime for colors.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Greg

Admin
Seems like Fall Colors are already starting in the mountains, I'm hoping we won't be too late and miss them! I was planning on Oct 6-8th.... we could meet up somewhere on Friday morning/afternoon, head into the mountains and find somewhere to camp that night. If we end up camping at elevation, I'd plan on it being cold at night!

Paul A showed me some trails up around Solider Summit & Strawberry Res, it would be fun to connect those to Skyline Drive.... but I don't know the roads very well.

Any other suggestion on the route?

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Hmmm...interested. Oct. 6th is the last day of my WY hunt...if I tag out early I'd love to join you with my boy.

Greg

Admin
Wow that's pretty neat

It's good info, but it looks like we'll be well past peak colors if we go Oct 6-8th. :( The weekend before that it NPLD, so I'll be tied up there. Should we shoot for September 22-24th? That's just 2 weeks away and pretty short notice! :eek:

Greg

Admin
Colors are already starting to turn in the Cottonwoods

Yeah, I was in the hills above GJ last weekend and saw that the colors were changing! Seems earlier than usual, by about 2 weeks.

So who can make the trip if it's Sept 22-24th? Trying to get a head count at this point.

I'm thinking that we'll meet up Spanish Fork Canyon on Friday, around Noon and go from there.