RME Noob Run #2 - Trip Report

Itsa4door

Got to love the imports!!
Looked Really fun came out just for a few min was doing the drifting and road course all at the same time. Hope there is a #3 so i can make it next time with the 4 Runner!!

sixstringsteve

Bought the guide to Utah ghost towns book, can't wait to go check some out

same here. I just spent $160 at amazon after looking at Kurt's library! :eek: :eek:

Honestly, I would have paid $200 for that section of the training, I really learned a lot about that. I would LOVE it if we could have a rep from the BLM come and talk to us about getting permits, or at least permission and verifying if routes are open to the public. That might even help build some relationships with them.

I used to feel pretty helpless about land and knowing where to go, and if trails are open or not, but that fireside chat gave me just the push I needed to get active in finding and planning new routes to fun destinations. It was a very good presentation.

wow looks like you guys had a great time on rattle snake would have liked to join. not sure how my jeep would have done clearance wise on a few of those obsticles i see even the toyota with the skeleton was close in a few pics.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
That was an awesome event, thanks to everyone who helped put it together. Steve thanks for inspiring this whole thing and a big thanks to Kurt and John and MMP for making it happen.

I know I learned a lot more than I had planned. There is still so much to learn for sure.

sixstringsteve

wow looks like you guys had a great time on rattle snake would have liked to join. not sure how my jeep would have done clearance wise on a few of those obsticles i see even the toyota with the skeleton was close in a few pics.

you would have been absolutely fine. The yota with the exo was picking a harder line. He was the only one who drove over those rocks.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
The only bad part was how awesome the grand vitara was compared to everyone who didn't have 27 inch tires. Those huge tires helped me to conquer some serious stuff. I also got the honor of being the only person to hook up a strap.

The spotters were great. The company was great. That course was awesome. I thought it was a blast. I will go next year for sure.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I didn't realize the offroad area at MMP was so extensive. I would love to attend the next one if my schedule can align. It's only 4 miles from my house.

DsmRacing

Thanks to everyone that was involved in setting this event up! I had a blast and got more familiar with my TJ. I was able to do more than I thought both with the vehicle and my own skillz...lol Only possible because of the spotters! Thanks again guys'. Count me in for the next event. For everyone that missed out, the park was awesome, a lot of knowledge presented during the classes... Overall a fun weekend...Now time to buy some books and plan some trips.

Chad

Manlaan

you would have been absolutely fine. The yota with the exo was picking a harder line. He was the only one who drove over those rocks.

I completely agree with Steve. You could've easily done the same lines I took (black tacoma). Granted, I tend to take easier lines than I need to due to it being my daily driver, but I'm only running 265/75R16 (31-32" tires) and IFS, so you'd be just fine on Rattlesnake. You'd really be surprised how well yours would do.

alright next time you guys go out there let me know ill see if i can make it out. sundays are best for me due to no work saturdays are hit or miss depending on the time of day we leave.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
MMP noob campout

The best part about snakes is that we all talked about the tread lightly concepts/recovery/trail etticate... Pretty much all the topics from the noob campout were touched on in some way, now that's really putting what we learned to good use!

And steve was absolutely correct, that trail is perfect for slightly modified rigs and doesnt require any extravigate offroad vehicle to enjoy the area and i guarantee you will love it.

I did however take my exo caged Toyota on some optional, but very cool portions of this trail. You must remember i have been there many times this year and am fluent with the diverse terrain in each portion of that trail so i know exactly what 10 foot section I can challeng myself in.

In fact that's another good thing about this trail is viewing other trucks in action it helps me to learn more about the sport and sometimes what NOT to do.... And I would have never know unless I saw some vehicles first hand.

Last edited:

XJess98

I'm a little slow to echo my thanks to all who put this together. It was nice to meet all who attended. I hope to have my rig ready for the next run so I can not only learn but do a little driving next time. Thanks again.

sixstringsteve

Right back at you guys. This event was a success because of great attendance and great attendees. It wasn't a perfect event, and we are learning as we go, but I didn't hear a single complaint. everyone was extremely respectful and very positive.

Last edited: