RME Premium Membership Question

plaidfro

I see that it is only $20 for a year for the premium membership around here... I also see there are a lot of regulars that don't have the 'red gear' by their name... SO..... what is it that is keeping some of you from joining up here with a premium membership? Not pointing fingers... just finding rationale.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
sad to say this but i need to get the extra 20 bucks just alot of stuff eating money the past year or too, thats the case for me at least

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I see that it is only $20 for a year for the premium membership around here... I also see there are a lot of regulars that don't have the 'red gear' by their name... SO..... what is it that is keeping some of you from joining up here with a premium membership? Not pointing fingers... just finding rationale.

You don't have a star either ;)

I shouldn't say anything. I think I owe Shane and Greg a few bucks. RME is awesome.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
... Just stopping in to post and see if my gear is still there..

Cody, you gonna throw down for a blue gear in the near future? 'Lotta beer drinkers around these parts that may wanna start their own in-home breweries...

Edit.. Yep, my red gear is still there.

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
No specific reason, just neglected to renew it I guess. I just did it....don't know how fast the gear will show up, so it may or may not be right now

So, that took me all of 2 minutes....you should do it too. ;)

Ninja edit: The gear is there. :greg:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I really should push it more often, but I really like to leave it up to the person if they want to donate or not. The decision to upgrade to a premium account comes with it's own benefits, seen here-

http://www.rme4x4.com/supporter.php

If someone wants a bigger PM box and all the extras that come with upgrading, then it's their call.

We used to push the monthly giveaways for premium members, but to be totally honest, it's not easy to approach the businesses that already support us, then ask for them to give us something that we can give away. With the current economy, most businesses are happy to make ends meet and we don't want to go around asking for free stuff.

Another thing worth mentioning, the more premium members we have, the easier it is for us to do fun things for our members, like print off stickers that we can give away, make up RME hoodies and shirts, etc.

So yeah... upgrade your RME account, good things will come of it!

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I neglected mine for quite a while until I finally realized I didn't have a gear anymore. Having the gear just makes me special, like I'm part of some sort of elite wheeling group;)

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Economy made me not renew mine. I have been basically unemployed for quite awhile now. Barely enough work to pay my important bills. You know, internet and TV

When times get better I will buy a gear again. I Love having RME as a resource and want to support it

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
There are alot of cheap ass people on this site...I say pay up people!!!:D The site is great how it is, but if more people donated, it could be even better. I bought a gear after a few years of using the site and should have done so sooner. I think mine automatically renews each year so I don't have to worry about it.

Last edited:

plaidfro

To re-emphasize I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone... I just wanted to make sure that there was or wasn't a good reason to join up. I can understand the economical bad times issue.

Good organizations that do good with donations is what I like to hear. When donations improve awareness, education, and help fight for my rights of the hobbies and activities that I enjoy are well worth it. I just hate donating money to a lost cause.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
To re-emphasize I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone... I just wanted to make sure that there was or wasn't a good reason to join up. I can understand the economical bad times issue.

Good organizations that do good with donations is what I like to hear. When donations improve awareness, education, and help fight for my rights of the hobbies and activities that I enjoy are well worth it. I just hate donating money to a lost cause.

I don't think anyone took what you said as finger pointing. I actually think this thread needed to be made by someone, and who else better than an innocent ;)

Cody, you gonna throw down for a blue gear in the near future? 'Lotta beer drinkers around these parts that may wanna start their own in-home breweries...

Right off the bat probably not, but once things are rolling I probably will.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Another cool thing to add is that it ditches all the ads on the site when you upgrade. (except for the sponsor banners up top).

We hate ads just as much as the next person but sometimes they are a necessarily evil. The premium accounts help keep the (google) ads away and keep our hosting bills paid on time. :D

plaidfro

If you get 10% and 10 people join, you would have enough to join yourself!

Actually, I think if you recruit 10 people you deserve a free membership.

Then if those ten people sign up 10 people and so on.. .we would all be living the american dream