RME Weight loss Challenge

Vector OffRoad

With the fear of getting too graphic, it wasn't that I couldn't drop the kids at the pool, it was the sand paper feeling while doing so. The kids needed to be softened up a bit...

There were two choices with the psyllium husk - tablets and powder. I chose the tablets because they seemed easier to take and digest. I'm honest with myself when I say I don't nor won't drink enough water. I don't like the taste of water. We're on a natural spring/well here, and it's not bad through the fridge filter. But the only kind of water that I have found that I like is Crystal Geyser. That stuff I'll drink several a day. In Sacramento it was plentiful and easy to get at Sam's Club so I would buy a case a week.

Wayne,
If you are still having problems with the lactose causing obstructions, you might want to consider no fat soy milk for your shakes instead of milk. It will probably take you a day or two to get used using soy instead of milk, but it will be worth it. I use soy for my shakes and it has helped a bunch. Soy also makes the shakes just a little sweeter. What flavors of Nitrean have you tried so far?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Wayne,
If you are still having problems with the lactose causing obstructions, you might want to consider no fat soy milk for your shakes instead of milk. It will probably take you a day or two to get used using soy instead of milk, but it will be worth it. I use soy for my shakes and it has helped a bunch. Soy also makes the shakes just a little sweeter. What flavors of Nitrean have you tried so far?

After I added Psylium Husk to my diet, I haven't had anymore 'issues'. That was the key :D

So far I've only tried the vanilla Nitrean. They are sending me strawberry and chocolate samples right now. After I get them, I'll try them and place another order for several jars.

The other one I've been using is Bannana Cream from BodyBuilding.com. It's a good drink, but doesn't mix as well. But when all I had was vanilla, it makes a great change. I really like the guys (Scott and Daniel?) over at AtLargeNutrition, so I'd rather get everything from them if I can.... But only three flavors sucks and If I don't like the chocolate, which I doubt I will, two choices.

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
I finally weighed in, and was a little surprised.
I've lost 31 pounds since September 1st.
I've also turned it up a few notches in the gym.
I'll see how thanksgiving goes... Hopefully I can keep out of the potatoes and not do too much damage.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Weighed in today at 225. After I got back from CA and after Turkey, I was pushing 235 again. I started a regimine of Creatine, vitamins and a octane booster yesterday. So we'll see how that goes over the next month.... :D

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Weighed in today at 225. After I got back from CA and after Turkey, I was pushing 235 again. I started a regimine of Creatine, vitamins and a octane booster yesterday. So we'll see how that goes over the next month.... :D

The pizza and beer restaurant isn't going to help this thread wayne;) but good luck guys

I've used creatine on and off since '97 (mostly on) and if you haven't been using it, it will add a few lbs. It's "good" weight.

I went from 195 to 215 when I first started it, having already been weight training for 14 years at that point. In the years since, when I've cycled off of it, my weight drops a little but not that much, and I don't gain that much when I go back on, about to where I was before I cycled off.

It also varies by whether I'm taking 5g/day or just 1.5g/day or 3g/day, which is what I am right now...mostly cuz that's the size teaspoon I stole from the drawer and keep in my creatine. Oh...plain creatine, the rest is just sugar and a waste of money. I've tried different kinds and there's no difference to me.

What is octane? (sounds like sugar water with caffeine)

Brett (likes creatine)

I go to the 24 hour fitness on 1300 east 104th south. (Next to Smiths). I will be there from about 5-6:30 or so. Just look for the bald guy in the adidas shorts. I am a lot friendlier than I look I promise!:D

Beerman,

I looked for you a couple days...and then forgot. I usually get there a little later, but sometimes as early as 6:30. Usually wearing a red UofU hoodie when I get there. I'm gonna try doing the 6-7 thing again, finishing up around 7:30 or 8 is just too late.

Tomorrow is arms...and it might be an early day if I have to go up to my property.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I should clarify... When I said Octane, I meant a energy booster.

Here is a list of things I'm taking....
Nitrean
Thermocin
ETS (MicroLactin)
Creatine
Multi-Plus Vitamin

As far as I know, the Creatine I'm taking is pure. Serving size is 5g and right now, since I just started, I'm taking that 4 times a day - as recommended on the package. After a few days I'll start scaling back to once a day, again as recommended.

Question though... Why do they tell you to mix the creatine in a carbonated drink or juice? I'd rather mix it with my Nitrean and water/milk.

...Also, is there a way to get it to mix better? It's like putting salt in water, it just sits there and if you don't suspend it constantly while drinking, it will remain in the bottom of the glass.

They claim it's all about the "transport". I've never been able to tell any difference, and I've tried different ways. For years I took it with water before bed. Nowadays I take it in chocolate milk immediately after my weight session (4:1 carb:protein)

I never bothered "loading" either...it takes 2-3 weeks to make a difference to ME either way. However, when I go off, I notice after a week or so, though the last couple times I've gone off, the results have lasted much longer. Hmmm...I've been ON for about 2.4 years...it might be time to cycle off.

Doesn't mix well for me either...I just keep swirling it around and down it quick.

Brett (loves the creatine pump)

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
They claim it's all about the "transport". I've never been able to tell any difference, and I've tried different ways. For years I took it with water before bed. Nowadays I take it in chocolate milk immediately after my weight session (4:1 carb:protein)

I never bothered "loading" either...it takes 2-3 weeks to make a difference to ME either way. However, when I go off, I notice after a week or so, though the last couple times I've gone off, the results have lasted much longer. Hmmm...I've been ON for about 2.4 years...it might be time to cycle off.

Doesn't mix well for me either...I just keep swirling it around and down it quick.

Brett (loves the creatine pump)

I kinda figured that's why they wanted you to do that... I knew it had to be something about getting it into your system faster or?

Good to know... I'll just start taking it once a day then.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Just checking in. Havent been around in a while.

I have lost more weight. I weight 215 now which puts my total at 155 pounds gone.

I am having surgery in January and I am really scared/nervous but excited at the same time.

I am having a lower body lift to cut off roughly 15-20 pounds of loose useless skin that will not shrink back or re-attach to my muscle tissue. I am also having some reconstructive stitching done to rebuild my ab muscles, and reattach the skin I am keeping back to the muscle tissue. Its a lot of work and the surgery is intense. It is going to cost me quite a bit and insurance isnt touching it at all, not even 1 red cent. I could have bought a new car for the money I am spending on this procedure. The lift is 360 degress so my butt, thighs, abs, etc. will all be tightened and wont thrust up and down when i run. Surgery is roughly 6 hours long and recovery is roughly 6-8 weeks.

I am going to try and work as much as I can as well as attempt to sell my gun, and maybe a few other things to try and absorb the blow. My wife is a full time student in grad school so its going to be tough but I think its worth it to be able to enjoy and use my new found physique.

The excess skin has been really depressing and it has really slowed my progress. I hope the doc does a great job and if he does it will all be worth it in the end. I figure I have 60 or so years left in me to enjoy my new body.

Another nice thing is that I am going to donate my skin to the children s burn clinic. Hopefully a child or two can use some of it, I just want as much benefit for them as possible.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
wow. Best wishes for a sucessful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Per the thread, I'm back up to around 200. Been a super busy time and I haven't had a chance to get to the gym in the last few weeks. I'm hoping things start to slow down a little, and I can do a little cross training on the mountain. Treadmills are so boring.

Meat_

Banned
I haven't been trying to lose weight.... but to my surprise when I stepped on the scale the other day I seem to have misplaced 35lbs since this past summer. :ugh:

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Cool!

Update on me:
I have now lost 160 pounds. Since I scheduled surgery, I found new motivation to kick it up a notch.

1 more week left. I am really nervous to go under the knife for my first time ever!