South-East Utah RME Winter Trip to the Swell

AaronPaige

I really want to see this trip happen, but the last few years we have not had snow for more than a few days, I'm flexible on the day if snow hits hard enuf to play in, I'll watch and report on any snow accumulation

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I really want to see this trip happen, but the last few years we have not had snow for more than a few days, I'm flexible on the day if snow hits hard enuf to play in, I'll watch and report on any snow accumulation

I'm hoping that the lack of snow we've had will suddenly turn and we'll get slammed with several big storms soon! I would be fine with just enough snow to fill in the 2 track roads, making for a bit of a challenge. We did a trip a few years ago similar to what I'm hoping for, just enough snow and drifts to make it interesting... like this! - https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?80204-A-Swell-Winter-daytrip

Please to watch & report, Grand Junction is on the same North/South line as the Swell and similar elevation, so I'm hoping our weather will be similar to what falls in the Swell.

Greg

Admin
I'd like to go! are we going to be starting and ending in the same spot. I'd like to trailer my Range Rover.

My thought was to stage right off the Highway just South of Woodside and probably end at Green River... perhaps a burger at Rays after it's all said & done?

Greg

Admin
All 50 of us at once will be interesting.

:rofl: We will see how many show up when it actually happens. I was expecting a group of 5-6.... but 15-16 would be fun, too! Perhaps we'll have to do this a couple times this Winter, so those that can't make the 1st trip have another chance!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
All 50 of us at once will be interesting.

We do a group of 25-35 there each spring after a few days in the Swell together. They are quite accommodating and have let us even call in our order in the past. When the weather is nice we hang in the Boneyard outside.