Roadtrip! Hiking, Wheelin and... ?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The last week Catherine & I went on a little roadtrip. My sister was getting married on the 2nd, so we decided to take the week, drive up to Utah and get some playing in before the marriage.

First stop was Moab, where we hiked the 'Elephant Hill to Druid Arch' trail. It's 12 miles round trip, in the Needles District of Canyonlands. It was pretty warm for a 12 mile hike... mid-90's I believe. My wife was a really good sport, even though we nearly ran out of water! :eek:

hikingwheelin034reduced1ea.gif

hikingwheelin043reduced3vg.gif

hikingwheelin024reduced2ts.gif

The following day we took the bitchen' Taco & went wheelin. We did Hells Revenge, Fins & Things and then we played around on Baby Lions Back. Catherine even drove Baby Lions Back!

hikingwheelin077reduced4wc.gif

hikingwheelin064reduced8xc.gif

To be continued...

Greg

Admin
While we were on Hells Revenge, we came across a group being lead by Dan Mick. There were 2 brand new Dodge Dakotas & 2 Jeep Commanders... all with manufacturers plates from Michigan!! I talked to one set of guys & asked them if they were out product testing. Sure enough, they were! They had 2 computers hooked up to the vehicles, watching how they handled the 'extreme' use. Dan calimed the Commanders had front & rear lockers... don't quote me on that though. ;)

hikingwheelin086reduced9ys.gif

hikingwheelin089reduced6sv.gif

hikingwheelin096reduced4lr.gif

After that we headed to Fruita, Colorado... where we bought a new house. :eek: :greg: :cool:

newhouse002reduced1jn.gif

Oh, the wedding was neat... they had a chocolate fountain at the reception!! I ate so much stuff covered in chocolate... creme puffs, strawberries, small animals... :ugh: :-\

Congrats Jen & Mark!

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Interesting about Dan Mick, I have heard he does alot of similar "product testing" trips with auto manufacturers... That guy has made himself a sweet market.

Looks like a great trip! :D

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Fruita! oh, you bastard! Yes, I'm jealous. That's a great area. Congratulations!
Expect me to stop by sometime LOL

man that is some beautiful scenery. I need to pack the Blazer ASAP!

James K

NO, I'm always like this
nice trip, cool pics.

congrats on the house.

yeah, now you get to............

mow the lawn

weed flower beds

fix the f'n sprinklers

fix stupid **** around the inside of the house

repaint rooms for no good reason

and then shovel/remove snow in the winter

oh glory days.

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
Looks like a fun trip. I'm gonna miss Moab.....

:(

House looks nice too. We're closing on our new digs up in Portland on the 22.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Hey Greg were you up AF canyon on the 1st??? I thought saw you standing by the stream on my way up. Gold taco and new wife.

Greg

Admin
James K said:
nice trip, cool pics.

congrats on the house.

yeah, now you get to............

mow the lawn

weed flower beds

fix the f'n sprinklers

fix stupid **** around the inside of the house

repaint rooms for no good reason

and then shovel/remove snow in the winter

oh glory days.

Thanks!

Oh, there will be a minimal amount of grass, we're going to do a desert-style front yard. No sprinklers, alot of rock, cactus & the like... and a couple really large redrock boulders!

Oh... and the snow typically melts within a day. :D

Greg

Admin
trd270 said:
Hey Greg were you up AF canyon on the 1st??? I thought saw you standing by the stream on my way up. Gold taco and new wife.

Yep, I saw you guys drive by. That was as far up as we went. I wanted to go further, but we didn't have much time.

Good thing I kept my AFC pass in the Taco!

Greg

Admin
Thanks all! It will be good to move back up that direction, I'm soooooo sick of SoCal. Anyone want to buy a home in San Jacinto? All Pro Offroad is about 10 minutes away!!

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
congrats, I wish I had a garage, let alone a 3 car garage. Now you can fill it with all types of projects... ;)

Have you ever heard the story behind Dan's Rubi? It's a really interesting one. We ran into him on Hells Revenge just a couple months ago and he told us about it. He bought it for 1$. If you are interested I can repeat the story for those who don't know it.

Andrew

Greg

Admin
Oh my GOSH!!! Our neighbor across the street just offered to buy our house!!! :eek: :greg: :greg: :greg: :D

We haven't even got it listed yet!! We just need an appraisal & then we'll handle the rest without an agent, which means $20k more in our pocket!!!

WOHOOO!!!!

Greg

Admin
PierCed_3 said:
congrats, I wish I had a garage, let alone a 3 car garage. Now you can fill it with all types of projects... ;)

Have you ever heard the story behind Dan's Rubi? It's a really interesting one. We ran into him on Hells Revenge just a couple months ago and he told us about it. He bought it for 1$. If you are interested I can repeat the story for those who don't know it.

Andrew

Yeah, the 3 car garage is what caught my intrest the first time we saw it. I actually found it online & looked at it more than a few times. When we finally made it to Fruita, I was surprised to see it still for sale. Obviously, we liked it alot. :D

I'd like to hear the $1 Rubi story. :)

Greg

Admin
camicaztoy said:
congrats on the new house.

aren't you getting sick of movin?!!! :p its been what, six in the last year?

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it. Hell, I still have stuff packed away from when I moved down here!

JIM

85cj7
Supporting Member
Great pictures. There's a tall blond haired person at the juck yard that does Moab. Really a nice person He will help with any 4x4 stuff you mite need. His name is John