Vendor
Wow what a trip...

The Con is sweet...
Sluices brake parts...
Way too dusty...
California wheelers have no ethics...
Way more trash than I expected...

More to come when I wake back up... :D

(PS... I blew up a Saginaw steering box!)

S

sukaB

Thanks for the invite you Arabian goggled donkey puncher....

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Sucks about the trail trash :mad: and breakage:(. Were you able to get it fixed and drive out under your own power? Where are the PICS??? punk... *sigh* next year...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by RockMonkey
Sucks about the trail trash :mad: and breakage:(. Were you able to get it fixed and drive out under your own power? Where are the PICS??? punk... *sigh* next year...

Yeah, I made it under my own power... had to make a rescue trip to Reno to get a new Saginaw box.... pic to come.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by RockMonkey
Ooh, that sucks. That's a long way to go to get a part...:eek:

Yup.... we drove 1.5 hours to the spring where our group camped, then 1.5 hours to the staging area... (up Cadillac hill at night) and then 1 hour into Reno to find everything closed.... went back to the trailers, slept, got up went back to Reno, got the part... back to the staging area, back in a cruiser... 1.5 hour to the spring to join the group, then back up Big Sluice and the Old Sluice to my cruiser...our group broke two more axles that day...:(

But all in all an excellent trip.... :D Had a ton of fun...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by SAMI
what's an FZJ80?

The 90's landcruisers... full bodied, non-removable hardtop. It did have the OEM electric lockers front and rear... he added an ARB bumper up front, sliders and a HD rear bumper and was good to go. Most of his body damage was as result of the tight trails... he did great.

theferg

DD for Life
Ollies is an FJ60 like mine:

dirtchillun.jpg

An FZJ80 looks like this:

Last edited:

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
YOU SUCK!!!

so let me get this right!
the only chebby part on your truck was the only thing to brake????:rofl:.........NICE!