Rubicon 9/11-9/13/03

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by RockMonkey

Speaking of... How long a drive was it @ what speed? When we did I flew into Reno and joined up with the group there, so I never got to see how long the drive was...

Oh, I would say 9 hrs at 75-80 mph... One way mileage is 650 miles... Its not the time of driving the killed me... its the ZERO scenery across Nevada that did me in.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by SAMI
cool pics.........was spunk planning on this trip at all? i here his trash is running now.

Yup, he had his rig out this way last night... but no, he never really planned on the trip... he isn't a big fan of the Cruiser Club...;)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

Oh, I would say 9 hrs at 75-80 mph... One way mileage is 650 miles... Its not the time of driving the killed me... its the ZERO scenery across Nevada that did me in.
9 hours huh? Is that to Reno, or to the trailhead? I guess 9 hours isn't so bad, especially if you had someone to do half the driving while you sleep...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by RockMonkey

9 hours huh? Is that to Reno, or to the trailhead? I guess 9 hours isn't so bad, especially if you had someone to do half the driving while you sleep...

Nine hours is close to the staging area... I figure it is about 45 mins out of Reno... I ended up driving the entire way there and then the entire trail... so I was BEAT by the drive home... I had my buddy drive most of the way home, so it wasn't as bad...

You could honestly do the entire trail in 7 hours... we really only drove 3 hours a day plus lunch/spotting stops...