Rzr or jeep

dash

My wife has a coworker that has a rzr that he tows behind his truck. He has a truck camper that they stay in. This setup caught my wife's attention. I was trying to do the same thing with my jeep. Now she asks if I want a rzr. Do I?
I mean the jeep is a xj and super fun but she thinks it is a waste of money. (Name of the game I know :) ) I was wondering who has a side by side and can you tell me is it better? Do they break often? Does it handle abuse well? I am at the research stage and just curious enough to ask.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
They are a riot. If I had dollars I would have one. My buddy just sold his rzr4. We all cried.

D

Deleted member 12904

I enjoy my SXS far more then I ever did any of my jeeps. If you plan to go with other RZR's a jeep just flat out wont go a lot of the places and the places it can go will be much slower.

boogie_4wheel

My buddy had the standard width 800, sold it. Fast forward about 2yrs and he bought a 900xp. About 4mo later, it's for sale. He can't keep hardly anything over a year though...
the sxs is an absolute blast. After owning cj back in the day, and ripping around in his rzrs, I'd take the Jeep. But I've got 2 little kids (2 and 4), and I think I would make better use of the Jeep.

dash

Totally get the heater ac thing love that part in moab. What is the usual if there is such a thing costs for a rzr? How how to make it street able? What breaks first? Those kinda things. I would be getting a 2 seater if I got one. No kiddos. Ya know. We borrowed a rhino s couple of years ago and it was okay but topped at 35. It was kinda loud too. Thoughts?

Caleb

B2-Bomber had a good post on this, not sure why he deleted it? :)

I don't think they are a replacement for a full-sized rig, each has their place. If you can only have one or the other, you need to figure out what will work best for you. If the wife is on-board with a sxs but not the jeep, then I'd personally go for the sxs. You know, happy wife, happy life and all :)

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Here ya go, from RZR Forum.

2016 Polaris RZR Retail Pricing for US:
RZR® 570 White Lightning - $10,299
RZR® 570 EPS Trail Black Pearl - $12,299
RZR® 900 White Lightning - $12,799
RZR® 900 EPS Trail Polaris Pursuit Camo - $14,999
RZR® 900 EPS Trail Havasu Red Pearl - $14,799
RZR® 900 EPS Trail Matte Turbo Silver - $14,799
RZR® 900 EPS Trail FOX Edition LE Matte White Lightning - $15,799
RZR® 900 EPS XC Edition Stealth Black - $17,299
RZR® S 900 White Lightning - $14,699
RZR® S 900 EPS Blue Fire - $16,499
RZR® S 900 EPS Havasu Red Pearl - $16,499
RZR® S 1000 EPS Black Pearl - $17,999
RZR® S 1000 EPS Matte White Lightning -$17,999
RZR® 4 900 EPS Blue Fire - $18,299
RZR® 4 900 EPS Havasu Red Pearl - $18,299
RZR XP® 1000 EPS Titanium Matte Metallic - $20,299
RZR XP® 1000 EPS Electric Blue Metallic - $20,299
RZR XP® 1000 EPS High Lifter Edition Titanium Matte Metallic - $23,499
RZR XP® Turbo EPS Graphite Crystal - $24,999
RZR XP® Turbo EPS Spectra Orange - $24,999
RZR XP® Turbo EPS Velocity Blue - $24,999
RZR XP® 4 1000 EPS Titanium Matte Metallic - $22,299
RZR XP® 4 1000 EPS Electric Blue Metallic - $22,299

Totally get the heater ac thing love that part in moab. What is the usual if there is such a thing costs for a rzr? How how to make it street able? What breaks first? Those kinda things. I would be getting a 2 seater if I got one. No kiddos. Ya know. We borrowed a rhino s couple of years ago and it was okay but topped at 35. It was kinda loud too. Thoughts?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have two Rzr's and Jeep and two FJ40's. Nothing even stands close to how much more I enjoy the RZR's over the others. Moab is a completely different challenge in a rzr than a jeep. I drive my rzr all year long, summer and winter. We haul our sleighs up mirror lake highway every X-mas eve to slide, can't do that in a jeep. Buy one, you wont regret it.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Love our Polaris RZR!!! We have the XP 4 1000 with a total of 6 seats. We fit the whole family - they love it!!! We've gotten out exploring more because of it. Wife loves the soft ride...compared to a SAS'd 1st gen 4runner...